Never really introduced myself , The pit

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenv1950

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
been here for awhile now , time for where I've been.
84-86 Fell into the pit of despair early 84.. I always worked and and never took a vacation , came home from work one day and there was a notice on my door ,if I enter I face a year in jail. My wife at the time filed for divorce while I was at work , cleaned out all bank accounts , signed all the titles to the vehicles (truck, cars , motorcycles ) . There I was , I had 3 dollars in my pocket , never had to carry much cash at work. .I was standing in the A cop friend of mine seen me and said get your ass out of town NOW , we know what she is and she going to take you down . Well I was homeless ! A friend of mine owned a bar in the next town , so I walked 7 miles to get there. He lived above the bar , I knocked on his door and he came out I said Mick I need a place to stay . He just said I think I know what happened . Well here I was homeless and broke I was 34yrs. old. After about 2 weeks I fell into the pit of despair and very deep ,couldn't see the light. . Started drinking hard and heavy (never really drank before) Every morning I'd get up and suck down a 6oz. glass of vodka (breakfast and lunch ) pretty much drunk 24-7. and it wasn't working so I started adding 3 grams of cocaine to each glass , it took about 6 months of that and started puking up blood every morning , gut pains were terrible , only thing that helped the pain was another glass I went another couple months and fell deeper in that pit. (i'm glad I had a couple good friend on the job (cops). or I'd be in jail , but they new me and left me alone . About once a month one would stop to make sure I was still alive . Some of the old school cops had compassion . The old saying , gotta hit the bottom to get back up . I was near the END.
To this day about 37 yrs. later I don't know if it was a dream or I met GOD. I was in that hole trying to claw my way out but it was out of reach , Laying in bed in that alcohol drug state , i was just laying in that pit when a figure appeared on the edge looking down on me . He said I'm not going to save you but give me your hand , grabbed my right have and pulled it to the edge and he said now its up to you. Well , here I am , been on this mountain with 5 acres and a nice house for about 37 yrs. . never touched alcohol or hard drugs again. Thankful every day Guess I'm done rambling for now .

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

been here for awhile now , time for where I've been.
84-86 Fell into the pit of despair early 84.. I always worked and and never took a vacation , came home from work one day and there was a notice on my door ,if I enter I face a year in jail. My wife at the time filed for divorce while I was at work , cleaned out all bank accounts , signed all the titles to the vehicles (truck, cars , motorcycles ) . There I was , I had 3 dollars in my pocket , never had to carry much cash at work. .I was standing in the A cop friend of mine seen me and said get your ass out of town NOW , we know what she is and she going to take you down . Well I was homeless ! A friend of mine owned a bar in the next town , so I walked 7 miles to get there. He lived above the bar , I knocked on his door and he came out I said Mick I need a place to stay . He just said I think I know what happened . Well here I was homeless and broke I was 34yrs. old. After about 2 weeks I fell into the pit of despair and very deep ,couldn't see the light. . Started drinking hard and heavy (never really drank before) Every morning I'd get up and suck down a 6oz. glass of vodka (breakfast and lunch ) pretty much drunk 24-7. and it wasn't working so I started adding 3 grams of cocaine to each glass , it took about 6 months of that and started puking up blood every morning , gut pains were terrible , only thing that helped the pain was another glass I went another couple months and fell deeper in that pit. (i'm glad I had a couple good friend on the job (cops). or I'd be in jail , but they new me and left me alone . About once a month one would stop to make sure I was still alive . Some of the old school cops had compassion . The old saying , gotta hit the bottom to get back up . I was near the END.
To this day about 37 yrs. later I don't know if it was a dream or I met GOD. I was in that hole trying to claw my way out but it was out of reach , Laying in bed in that alcohol drug state , i was just laying in that pit when a figure appeared on the edge looking down on me . He said I'm not going to save you but give me your hand , grabbed my right have and pulled it to the edge and he said now its up to you. Well , here I am , been on this mountain with 5 acres and a nice house for about 37 yrs. . never touched alcohol or hard drugs again. Thankful every day Guess I'm done rambling for now .

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!
What a story! Wow! I don't know how love can turn to hate like that, but it does!

I'm glad you are here. Thank you for introducing yourself.

I have a friend who has a friend named Kevin and a similar thing happened to him, but his wife left him because he was a drunk. He decided it was time to quit drinking, but it was too late. She was done with him, and turned his kids against him. He lives in the country, on a river and lives the rough life of a woodsman, eeking out a life for himself. His son got married recently and didn't want him at his wedding. He too is a Christian and his minister is his best friend.

It's amazing how God helps pull us out of the pit, especially when we are so far down in it that we think we're not worth saving, I'm glad you had some people looking out for you that had compassion, thanks for the story on what you went through. This is why the Bible says to be careful in not judging others, because God has greater plans for people than we can ever see.

Great story of personal redemption! Glad you made it out of the pit.

welcome and thank you for sharing your story. yeah. it was God. just cuase we are in a stage of not bewlieving or praying, doesnt mean others arent praying for you. im so glad you found your way out of the pit . God bless and keep you close. Hes not done with you, you still got something to do.

my all time favorite image

1702610980368.jpeg

welcome and thank you for sharing your story. yeah. it was God. just cuase we are in a stage of not bewlieving or praying, doesnt mean others arent praying for you. im so glad you found your way out of the pit . God bless and keep you close. Hes not done with you, you still got something to do.

my all time favorite image
That kinda hit home Thanks
View attachment 121338

That is a very compe;;ing story. I'm glad you found your way, and are still here. Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us, and looking forward to your contributions.

Latest posts

Back