New at prepping...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like you have a handle on most everything. You will find that there are threads here on almost any topic, Just use the search function in the upper right corner of the page and put in a key word and you will start to see.

I tend to follow the Garden series (someone starts a new 1 every year), Garden 2022

There are ones discussing the use of solar, batteries, and the such.

And there are a lot on food storage.

You will also fine that people post what they are doing today: What's everybody doing today?

They also post the shortages that they are seeing in the markets, this is interesting because we have some folks in Europe and Australia that provide a different perspective. What Shortages are You Seeing?

Anyway welcome and start posting, you will quickly find yourself part of a community/family of people here.....
i have been reading about your winter gardening...the greenhouse and such...
thank you!

If your worried about the wheat supply....wait until you hear about the diesel supply:
1667137507042-png.476905
Yep..

Like I quipped over yonder: If / when #2 Stops flowing - for Whatever reason - it WILL 'HTF', and like Overnight.. (Think: EMS / FDs / School Busses, ALL Trucking / Construction / Jet-A (to the degree That-supply chain would be affected, also (Delivery via Tankers, etc) Therefore: Flights / Intntl Transport, etc, etc, etc... The day Diesel stops - Man - things will come Un-Glued very quickly.. "Disneyland > Zombie-Movie in 72 hrs or Less"... 🤔

...I imagine like those 'Widespread SA-Riots' last July (was it?) spreading to Every Major City-center in the US, inside of a Week.. o_O (which Will, eventually, trickle down into the "Country"..) I, for one, don't think 'radical ideas' like, ie: 'Blocking Highway-feeders into Large-areas of 'Prepped' Peoples with Overturned Water Tankers as 'Area-Denial' tactics' is "extreme" at All (...Gosh - where have I heard That idea before?? ;)

Guess we shall all see, but.. Prep-accordingly.. :cool:
jd

but an old person.....my husband and me just got going on this...we moved from north carolina...6 years ago...
we sold out there and came to southern illinois cornfields to be near our daughter...
i heard news that world wheat supply..gone in 90 days!
that's what woke us up...
on the prepping train ...solid now...got lots going and lots to do...
our lives have always been...*haulitdragit*...
hence the name...
Lord help us all...
i look forward to seeing you all thru these pages.
Welcome from Wisconsin. Hope you have a great day!!

we are in one of those small corn/soy bean towns...less than 1,000 people..they have a hardware store here tho....
no redlights....
one 4way stop.

Welcome. That sounds a bit busier than our area, we don't have a hardware store, closest one is 5 miles away. No lights, 1 four way stop, lol.

Latest posts

Back