New CDC mandates for dogs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Apparently the CDC is not just satisfied with human mandates, but are now imposing their rules on your dog. These mandates take effect this summer. It may not apply to many people (who don't travel internationally), but it is yet another over reach by the CDC in meddling in our lives. This will be a real PIA for those who live close to the Canadian or Mexican border. I've heard vets are opposed to these mandates and it will negatively affect commerse in border towns. Want to go bird hunting in Canada? Well, you have to get your dog chipped. Then you have to have your vet send the CDC their rabies vax form which they will approve (or not) and send back to you with a fee (of coarse). Who knows how long that will take? Since when is a rabies vax form in your possession not good enough? Well, there is no fee for that, so NO, it's not good enough.

One vet I heard said it's a ridiculous amount of hoops and people should contact the CDC and complain about these rules. He said there are no issues with rabies coming in from foreign dogs.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2024/s0508-Dog-Importation-Regulation.html

Is this just a step in the direction of banning animal movement to and from other countries? How about beef, pork, chicken, etc....you know.....to keep us all 'safe.' :rolleyes: Isn't this what they wanted to do to humans during Covid? Hmmmmm........

Here's my take on any local or federal job. You take over & you have the power of the government behind you. You want to make your mark on that job so you start looking for something to fix. And sometimes you have to find something (as in it "could" be a problem) to fix even if it's not broken. And the results are more laws or regulations. Those laws or regulations make things more complicated & cost more for the individual. Over time regulations go on top of regulations & that causes the cost of things to skyrocket. Now I'm not saying that every new requirement is bad but a heck of a lot of them weren't needed in the first place.

I saw that a LOT in the military because new "leaders" all ways had to leave their mark on things.

Latest posts

Back