Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from East Tennessee. Happy to have ya with us!

My Red Bone, Leon
20210424_085545.jpg

The breeder gave Leon to our Special Needs son. He was super wild. He just turned one and can't be free which I hate, because he takes off and I'm terrified he won't come back. We are surrounded by woods so he would have lots of scents to keep him away from home. He is super sweet, but is super strong. He pulls my down. I hope he mellows with age.

Purple ribbon in the UKC means all previous generations were registered with UKC. Parents grand parents and great grand parents.
The breeder gave Leon to our Special Needs son. He was super wild. He just turned one and can't be free which I hate, because he takes off and I'm terrified he won't come back. We are surrounded by woods so he would have lots of scents to keep him away from home. He is super sweet, but is super strong. He pulls my down. I hope he mellows with age.
That’s is awesome my son is 8 with autism. He loves everything that daddy does including anything and everything with our hounds. Don’t worry Leon will settle down with a lil more age. He still has a lot of pup left in him

Welcome from Iowa!

There's probably a beekeeping thread around here somewhere. Your experience would be greatly appreciated. I have a nephew who dabbles with bees and has produced some really good honey, but with two little girls, a wife, a half interest in a 700 acre grain farm, and a full time job as an agronomist, he doesn't really have the time to get deep into it...

Purple ribbon in the UKC means all previous generations were registered with UKC. Parents grand parents and great grand parents.

That’s is awesome my son is 8 with autism. He loves everything that daddy does including anything and everything with our hounds. Don’t worry Leon will settle down with a lil more age. He still has a lot of pup left in him
I spent his first year wrapped in a blanket sprayed with vinegar so he would stop nibbling on me. He wasn't mean, just playing, but it hurt. He sleeps on the bed and tries to kick me off so he has more room for his long legs. Just a little bit spoiled.

I spent his first year wrapped in a blanket sprayed with vinegar so he would stop nibbling on me. He wasn't mean, just playing, but it hurt. He sleeps on the bed and tries to kick me off so he has more room for his long legs. Just a little bit spoiled.
I’ve been there before haha. What stock is Leon out of?

Ah he’s a lot more then a couch dog. If you’re like me ya probably couldn’t live with out him! I’ve got a few that I call couch dwellers haha But when my kids are out side they are right beside them. With the coyotes so thick out here it’s a good peace of mind. And this is where I usually apologize because when I get to talking about dogs I don’t know when to stop haha.

I can't let Leon run free and it is so sad. The few times he escaped, he was like a tornado running through the woods with me finally catching him when he stopped to smell or pee. I tried with a really long lead but nothing has worked.

He gets his freedom when he swims. He loves it. I will be glad when it is warm enough for him to start swimming again.

I can't let Leon run free and it is so sad. The few times he escaped, he was like a tornado running through the woods with me finally catching him when he stopped to smell or pee. I tried with a really long lead but nothing has worked.

He gets his freedom when he swims. He loves it. I will be glad when it is warm enough for him to start swimming again.
When I was married we had a Doberman like that. He was a terrific dog but he loved to wander and explore. He was 3 when we got him and grew out of it by 5.

Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

Latest posts

Back