Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Alaska!

Welcome from Bama! Yep, bees can be tricky, even if you do everything right they still surprise. I developed cataracts a few years ago. My beekeeping went out the window! I could't see well enough to even find a queen.

Pull up a chair! Plenty of topics to choose from with loads of good info.

Welcome from Bama! Yep, bees can be tricky, even if you do everything right they still surprise. I developed cataracts a few years ago. My beekeeping went out the window! I could't see well enough to even find a queen.

Pull up a chair! Plenty of topics to choose from with loads of good info.
I have trouble finding Queens. The first year, I had my Queens marked. It helped.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon. We had a neighbor on our west side that kept bees, about a year before they moved up to the panhandle of Idaho he was down to somewhere around 5 supers and then a bunch of wild bees came through the area and he built his hives up to 20, even now there a lot of bees around and in the springtime when the apple, cherry and plum trees are blooming, I love to stand under the trees and listen to the bees working.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon. We had a neighbor on our west side that kept bees, about a year before they moved up to the panhandle of Idaho he was down to somewhere around 5 supers and then a bunch of wild bees came through the area and he built his hives up to 20, even now there a lot of bees around and in the springtime when the apple, cherry and plum trees are blooming, I love to stand under the trees and listen to the bees working.
I have 3 vegetable garden, flowers and miscellaneous plants and I hardly see my bees. I plant bee friendly plants, but I guess they like the woods more.

Latest posts

Back