New Members Here!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there! We're Jackie & Jim. I (Jackie) grew up in Menasha WI which is part of the Fox Cities (Appleton) metro region. Jim, on the other hand, grew up in rural Manitowoc County - primarily in the western part of the county. It was, as he tells me, rural living at it's finest! It wasn't uncommon to see an occasional tractor driving through one to the small rural communities or hearing of cows roaming around loose on a side road. I still live in Menasha, while Jim has moved to Appleton, but we're both dreaming of the day when we can get out of the "city" and make our home in the country...maybe northwest Iowa.

Welcome from central Iowa.

Northwest Iowa is far different from most of Wisconsin. It's wonderful, fertile land out there, but not many hills or trees. That would be quite an adjustment.
Hey, this is Jim. Back in 2009 on my way back from Rapid City SD I had the urge to get off I-90, so I went south out of Sioux Falls and eventually stumbled on Iowa Hwy. 9 (which runs the entire width of the state). When I looked back in my mirror I noticed what was going to be a fantastic sunset. I pulled over on a side road and watched a sunset unlike anything I had seen before. It was at that moment that I decided to make Northwest Iowa my home someday.

Welcome from Alaska!

Hi there! We're Jackie & Jim. I (Jackie) grew up in Menasha WI which is part of the Fox Cities (Appleton) metro region. Jim, on the other hand, grew up in rural Manitowoc County - primarily in the western part of the county. It was, as he tells me, rural living at it's finest! It wasn't uncommon to see an occasional tractor driving through one to the small rural communities or hearing of cows roaming around loose on a side road. I still live in Menasha, while Jim has moved to Appleton, but we're both dreaming of the day when we can get out of the "city" and make our home in the country...maybe northwest Iowa.
I hope you guys find something great. Have a great day.

Latest posts

Back