New/Old Camper

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldCootHillbilly

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Bought momma an myself a 1968 Forester Travel Trailer. Little feller, 14 foot 6 inch long. Really ain't in terrible shape. Exterior was really dirty an spent 5 1/2 hours power washin it. Spent a fair amounta time wire wheeling the frame ta bare metal an repainted them. Replacing all the rusty screws with new aluminum ones.

Interior gonna get a good cleanin then refinish the walls an put down some laminate flooring. Will be replacin the water system with a modern one. Gonna redo the electrical cause hey, it's 50 years old. Plan ta rebuild the furnace cause it requires no power ta operate. This en has a bathroom all be it a toilet an sink. But that really be all ya need most the time. Can always use a solar shower if needed.

Will make a nice little camper ta go camping in an work out nice ifin we need ta leave town fer a more serious reason. Eventually will add a solar chargin set up ta it.

Bought momma an myself a 1968 Forester Travel Trailer. Little feller, 14 foot 6 inch long. Really ain't in terrible shape. Exterior was really dirty an spent 5 1/2 hours power washin it. Spent a fair amounta time wire wheeling the frame ta bare metal an repainted them. Replacing all the rusty screws with new aluminum ones.

Interior gonna get a good cleanin then refinish the walls an put down some laminate flooring. Will be replacin the water system with a modern one. Gonna redo the electrical cause hey, it's 50 years old. Plan ta rebuild the furnace cause it requires no power ta operate. This en has a bathroom all be it a toilet an sink. But that really be all ya need most the time. Can always use a solar shower if needed.

Will make a nice little camper ta go camping in an work out nice ifin we need ta leave town fer a more serious reason. Eventually will add a solar chargin set up ta it.

:thumbs: Good idea Coot. Re-build it yourself and you know what you got. Feel same way about our old vehicles.:great:

upload_2018-7-20_21-36-57.png

Here be a picture a the outside. Taint done much on the inside yet, needs a good cleaning. When I get some that done I will post pics a that to. Touchin up the paint an when that be done I'm gonna give her a good coat a wax.

View attachment 8242
Here be a picture a the outside. Taint done much on the inside yet, needs a good cleaning. When I get some that done I will post pics a that to. Touchin up the paint an when that be done I'm gonna give her a good coat a wax.

I like it! It is just the right size long as you get a good awning maybe screen it in so you can spend lots of time outside. Then you won't feel closed in at all.:doghouse:

Hubby and I are professional campers kinda on the primitive side. So any advice needed just ask me. We have lived in a tent's for a few months a couple times once with small kids and again with 3 teens and again on our property here for a couple months. I had a tent kitchen, bedroom, and storage, 3 tents that weathered the 100 year flood and storms so strong tent laid on our face on the ground. of 1998. And a guest room tent for grandkids. Survived a water spout off Atlantic too. Hubby was sailing in the air down the beach holding onto tent that turned into a big balloon, me yelling let it go.
My son still hates tent to this day though, he got into trouble about being rough with zippers.

I like it! It is just the right size long as you get a good awning maybe screen it in so you can spend lots of time outside. Then you won't feel closed in at all.:doghouse:
We spend very little time in the camper anywho. Most cookin be done outside an that be where we spend most a our time. Camper really be fer sleepin an a bit of cookin. Nice ta have the bathroom to. It'll get a awning, looking at the old school ones in keepin with it's age. One place we gonna go most a the time I plan on settin up one them free standin carports with a wood deck under it. We used ta tent, then had a trailer, then a motorhome an downsized ta this cause I can maintain it. Can't get up under the motorhome an do all the service work it needs no more.

We spend very little time in the camper anywho. Most cookin be done outside an that be where we spend most a our time. Camper really be fer sleepin an a bit of cookin. Nice ta have the bathroom to. It'll get a awning, looking at the old school ones in keepin with it's age. One place we gonna go most a the time I plan on settin up one them free standin carports with a wood deck under it. We used ta tent, then had a trailer, then a motorhome an downsized ta this cause I can maintain it. Can't get up under the motorhome an do all the service work it needs no more.
I have thought about how handy those free standing carports are. They can be used in so many different ways, and have many options for finishing them off, including enclosing them like a garage.

My thought about having a camper or RV is that they could be used for temporary shelter if needed in a SHTF situation, or if someone HAD to bug-out. Camping is a way to practice living off the grid, preparing us for a SHTF situation.

Sounds like a good plan Coot. And crawling up under things is a bad job for us old people. Hubby has been in bed most of the week off and on from van work.
Carport sounds like a neat idea. We use to use a potty but when tent went airborne along with hubby potty cracked me in the chin bone and when I finally found the zipper to get out we now keep them outside.Plus I got hit me in the back of the head in my catering van and almost passed out so now it is secured in case of wreck. You have to be careful being clean and not using public restrooms.

I have thought about how handy those free standing carports are. They can be used in so many different ways, and have many options for finishing them off, including enclosing them like a garage.

My thought about having a camper or RV is that they could be used for temporary shelter if needed in a SHTF situation, or if someone HAD to bug-out. Camping is a way to practice living off the grid, preparing us for a SHTF situation.

Yep it can be used for a BOV too. :cool:

Yeah, I got 2 sites in the middle a nowhere what will be our "have ta leave home" sites. There be others, but these two will be pull the camper in an thins already be in place ta live there ifin we had ta. We enjoy campin an it do keep ones skill levels sharper. Never know what lays round the next corner. Anything can happen these days. One a my biggest concerns an what I got a fair amounta trainin in be pandemics. I been keepin a eye on thins fer several years an there be a steady increase in the number a incidences an severity a germ related disease. Only be a matter a time before a big one latches on an all ya know what breaks loose. Best thin ta do be get as fer away from folks as ya can.

Yeah, I got 2 sites in the middle a nowhere what will be our "have ta leave home" sites. There be others, but these two will be pull the camper in an thins already be in place ta live there ifin we had ta. We enjoy campin an it do keep ones skill levels sharper. Never know what lays round the next corner. Anything can happen these days. One a my biggest concerns an what I got a fair amounta trainin in be pandemics. I been keepin a eye on thins fer several years an there be a steady increase in the number a incidences an severity a germ related disease. Only be a matter a time before a big one latches on an all ya know what breaks loose. Best thin ta do be get as fer away from folks as ya can.

Good advice and watch your food and who serves it to you. I vinegar all my fresh fruits wash ,vinigar, wash off again then enjoy. They already told me what they like to do to our food behind closed doors and in some fields.

It is a loud and famous joke among scum like George Lopez what some of them do in the fields. Go to YT and listen to what the no good person brags about doing to this nations people. Killing old and young with disease is very funny to him and the insane white scum in his audience.
Hahahah kill my child hahaha that is so funny, poison and wipe feces on my child lettuce hahaha clap clap.:ghostly:They pay big bucks to see him admit how filthy he really is.

Do not click on link here got to YT to watch it. It is important to know what they are doing to us in more ways than 100. Talking about demoncraps who get rich and don't worry about it.

George Lopez- Taco Bell
one minute 23 second video.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back