new orphan Texas Dall Lamb 3 days old

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judy mayes

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I was given an orphan lamb very close to death ,anyone have tips to pass on that might help me with him. I gave him power source,and vit injs .he got stronger last night but not able to stand and the same this morning but inside of her mouth is warm ,i kept him in the bathroom buy the register with a small heater close to warm, her she was very cold .All help would be appreciated . :)
judy

Last edited:
What are you feeding her? Cow's milk will cause diarrhea and electrolyte imbalance. Go to your animal health and find a suitable sheep milk replacer. Continue to keep her warm until she regains strength and then gradually acclimate to the outside.

anyone tell me how much to tube him at one feeding how may times a day ,? Up to now he has been able to suck yet.
I am more or a goat person than a lamb
Judy

If there unable to stand and have fluid in there airway is it best to lay flat head up or head down ,An any tips on helping get a rattle out .? I wanna do all i can to help him.
Judy

Last edited:
I would do the cupped hands and drum on the ribs to help break things loose, then hold him so it's head is hanging down to help move fluid out of it's airway. I would also use a towel and make a sling to keep it in standing position.

I would do the cupped hands and drum on the ribs to help break things loose, then hold him so it's head is hanging down to help move fluid out of it's airway. I would also use a towel and make a sling to keep it in standing position.
thank you will do my best.
Judy

Latest posts

Back