New Sheepdog

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmOR

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Say hello to Fannie May!

New to me Australian Shepard. Second hand dog. Scratch and dent special. She was owner donated to a local veterinary that couldn't afford to pay her medical bills.

She's a young dog. Very intelligent. High energy but well disciplined; kinda rare combination? She came all bandaged up, with a satellite dish on her head and a few bottles of pills for inflammation, pain and sedation.

She's healing very well and I've tapered her off of all medicine. Her natural abundance of energy has been the greatest challenge. Holding her back and keeping her calm has been somewhat difficult once she was off the sedatives. But she's fitting in and adapting very well. Got a ways to go before we can start frisbee. But she was relieved to learn that I already knew how to play fetch with a tennis ball!

Hope she’s healed up well enough. What was the surgery for?
Are you serious! Satellite dish on her head. Lol We need photos!
Australian Shepherds are great dogs but so full of energy, ready to run. I hope your bonding with her is quick and sure.

Latest posts

Back