New to this community

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisamrosas

Friend
Neighbor
We just moved to a 10.5 acre property in Shingle Springs and plan to continue raising our livestock and begin growing our own food. We are looking to connect with other local farmers/ranchers and share information/resources/ experiences. Does anyone know if there is a county office or ag department in El Dorado, Amador or Calaveras counties where we can borrow or cheaply rent a No Till Drill Seeder? I've checked the extension office for El Dorado county and they don't have one. We are also looking for reputable breeders for Anatolian or Kangal Shepherds and would love a referral from someone in this area.

Welcome from Oregon. I am formerly from Cali. I can't say that Cali would be my choice now. Gavin has gone batchit crazy. Having property is a good choice though. Looking forward to hearing how things progress.

Welcome from Alaska!

Welcome from Oregon. I am formerly from Cali. I can't say that Cali would be my choice now. Gavin has gone batchit crazy. Having property is a good choice though. Looking forward to hearing how things progress.
Cascadian, I agree with you 100% on G. Not my leader, never will be. However, all of my family is here in CA, so most of us just chose to live in rural communities whose values and beliefs are similar to ours. Being on our own land, raising our own meat, and growing our own food does make a difference and gives a sense of security knowing you can self-sustain.

Welcome from Texas! There are a few on here from Cali! Really local info may be hard to come by! But there is still plenty to learn here, and we can learn from you!!
THank you, Pearl! I definitely feel like homesteaders are family, no matter where they hail from! I am always trying to learn from others, and not reinvent the wheel.

I just want to give a big thanks to you all for responding and welcoming me to this group. I found it a little confusing to try to reply to everyone because the replies show up at the bottom of the thread instead of in each responder's comments, and I was having to go back up to the top and scroll down to find who I hadn't responded to. Disclaimer-- I had a brain and neck injury awhile back. Since tracking this presented a challenge, I decided to just respond to all of you at one time!

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon, a number of years back we had a neighbor that had Anitolian Shepards, the bitch was a real full time bitch, didn't dare turn my back on her. The neighbor moved about 10 miles away and while his wife was out walking around the dog tripped her and she broke her leg, not long after they sold those dogs, probably a very good thing as her husband had MS and if the dog had tripped him, it might have turned out bad. I'm not saying that all Anitolians can be a major PIA, just really check out their attitudes before getting a she devil that will end up far more trouble than you need.

Latest posts

Back