Observations from Pearl's pool

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture of you in a bikini was your avatar once!!😃 I don't wear bikinis, and LadyLocust doesn't wear a swimsuit!😮 You'll have to settle for nail polish pics!!😂😂
you drink beer naked...lord woman..that scandalous i tell ya !!

i want you to get one of them metal fingers for your bad finger...you would look so badass and be baddass driving that dozer with wearing your hello kitty shirt on....and sporting a red sonja lunch box !..that thing work like your real finger i bet !!

old timber cutter i worked for out west had a wide array of kids lunch boxs he took to work...it was a hoot i tell ya ! i loved that old man !!
I want one as well! I know a leather worker I’m going to have make a stub cover! 🤣🤣🤣

you drink beer naked...lord woman..that scandalous i tell ya !!
NO, LadyLocust doesn't wear swimsuits!! I'm full coverage
Alex bought me the shirt because when we met I carried a Hello Kitty lunch box. I carried it to try and get someone to say something. They never did….
She said "I Do"!!

Alex bought me the shirt because when we met I carried a Hello Kitty lunch box. I carried it to try and get someone to say something. They never did….
Legend !

Took advantage of the warm sunny day yesterday, took a little break on the pool float!! Mama Wren is building a nest under the railing again, this will be her third year! A little white butterfly was sitting on the fence, a dragonfly got it!! Dragonflies keep wasps away. Linda the deer had her baby a couple of days ago. She briefly ate grass under a tree in the pasture behind me, then right back to where she has the baby stashed! Hoping to see it soon!

Took advantage of the warm sunny day yesterday, took a little break on the pool float!! Mama Wren is building a nest under the railing again, this will be her third year! A little white butterfly was sitting on the fence, a dragonfly got it!! Dragonflies keep wasps away. Linda the deer had her baby a couple of days ago. She briefly ate grass under a tree in the pasture behind me, then right back to where she has the baby stashed! Hoping to see it soon!
Oh this is the last straw, time to go shopping for Daves Hot Tub :)

Heck I live in the city & see animals too. One night the dogs were going crazy so I looked over the fence & there was a skunk about 18 inches from my foot. Glad he didn't feel bothered by me. Within the last 2 weeks the same thing happened & it was a possum in my neighbors yard. And we have foxes that hunt the neighborhood at night.

There are crows nesting in a Cottonwood tree in the pasture next to me. There were three crows, as soon as the eggs hatched, it's just two. It's always that way, seen that a lot. Why three?? Anyhow, they attacked the mommy Roadrunner yesterday, she has little ones a few trees over. Then they went after Scissor Tails! What a racket they would make!! Mother Wren has little peepers under the top railing of the pool, she's used to me being there and basically ignores me!

Not sure about the crows, maybe a young one from the last brood and it gets run off when this brood comes along
Just googled it! Apparently they are very family oriented (I knew that), they are often together with each other until hatching time. The third might be a sister or brother, or leftover from the last batch! I'm amazed at their extensive language! Sometimes they 'talk' (squawk, lol) in sentences! Pretty cool to watch!!

We still need some pics of all the WILD LIFE at the pool!!!!!!

All of our wildlife is on the ground, No pool at this place.

Thinking of a complex with a small covered pool/spa and a Gym, but the next shop/garage/apartment is kinda waiting on another 7 or 8 acre adjoining IF they will turn it loose.

Yours Gunite @Pearl or liner, I think it is easier to keep a liner pool up but most long term in-grounds are Gunite.

It will have to be soon I am tired of trying to get stuff done right.

I just want to get a plan and hire a trustworthy general to do it and I will come by daily and bring my 4 and 8 foot lazer levels to see if they are doing a good job.

I went to a home of a person to look at some equipment and decorations, IT WAS PERFECT!!! I walked in and every corner was square, every line was straight, Plum and Square it was like walking into a decompression zone HEHEHEH.

We still need some pics of all the WILD LIFE at the pool!!!!!!

All of our wildlife is on the ground, No pool at this place.

Thinking of a complex with a small covered pool/spa and a Gym, but the next shop/garage/apartment is kinda waiting on another 7 or 8 acre adjoining IF they will turn it loose.

Yours Gunite @Pearl or liner, I think it is easier to keep a liner pool up but most long term in-grounds are Gunite.

It will have to be soon I am tired of trying to get stuff done right.

I just want to get a plan and hire a trustworthy general to do it and I will come by daily and bring my 4 and 8 foot lazer levels to see if they are doing a good job.

I went to a home of a person to look at some equipment and decorations, IT WAS PERFECT!!! I walked in and every corner was square, every line was straight, Plum and Square it was like walking into a decompression zone HEHEHEH.
Above ground! I don't bring my phone (camera) out there while in the pool! It would probably be in the pool too😮!

IMG_20210722_160003599~2.jpg

This is the view to the east, southeast! My therapy paradise!!

We call those hedge balls. Have tons of those trees lining our property up to the dirt road. And we use the wood (hedge wood) for our wood burning stove, it burns just right. So we call them hedge trees, but I know they're also called Osage orange. These trees are planted for windbreaks in the fields here, and grow very fast.

Our properties in Ohio are all surrounded by those. They work well and as you say, burn just right!

No pool for us either. We are on a pond though. Fish, turtles, geese, and ducks. Simply love the goslings every spring! Take far too many pictures of them.

Here’s a picture in the vineyard garden by the pond.

1715866362278.jpeg

And some of the flowers

1715866434027.jpeg

You really have the ultimate relaxation area Pearl! No swimming in the pond for me.

No pool for us either. We are on a pond though. Fish, turtles, geese, and ducks. Simply love the goslings every spring! Take far too many pictures of them.

Here’s a picture in the vineyard garden by the pond.

View attachment 129984

And some of the flowers

View attachment 129985

You really have the ultimate relaxation area Pearl! No swimming in the pond for me.
But what a beautiful relaxing place you have!! Just being around nature and watching the the critters is so amazing!!

Native americans prized osage orange for making bows. I've a friend who hand carves bows. This one is made from osage orange.

View attachment 129990
read march 15,2024 entry... this is one of most knowledgeable and dedicated tree folks alive today. she has hunted down and found some of first mulberry planted here in u.s. way back in the day and she was down south and after reading old entry she found a chestnut orchard...its ever-bearing and was able to get dna/nuts etc. she grafts all kinds of stuff and more.

https://elizapples.com/

Last edited:
It can be a real wildlife extravaganza out here on the edge of the woods somedays! The pool float is truly therapy for me. Lately I have been watching a mom turkey and her five little ones. Everyday they make the rounds from the woods to shade trees in the back pasture. There are five little deer fawns around too! One or two of the moms will babysit while the others go off for a while. The Scissor Tails have been busy lately, and there is a pair of Painted Buntings hanging around. Buddy has a pair of cowbirds that follow him as he grazes. They go after an insects he stirs up. It is very interesting watching all the different critters!
All of that from your pool float. You must be in heaven. Oh how I love watching critters. God's precious little ones in my opinion.

That was old Mama donkey! She's on a 300 acre ranch in Oklahoma now babysitting Brangus cows! Keep up the good work, Buddy is in this picture too!! 😉🐴 (No donkey emoji, he thinks he's a pony anyhow)!!
I can't believe I missed him!:oops:
Screenshot_20240516-123531_kindlephoto-2621232435.png

(must have been the shade)

Latest posts

Back