Old Fireplace Insert questions….

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmissy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We have an old insert that we are thinking is a Monarch. Not positive though. Where does the chimney come in? The back top seems to be missing a piece?? We are guessing where he is holding fire brick thats where it goes? The top piece we do have. Sny info or guidance you can give will be great

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 2FF50DDD-42FE-44F2-B44C-1FFFD7CF0AC4.jpeg
    2FF50DDD-42FE-44F2-B44C-1FFFD7CF0AC4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • E4A4A919-C527-4569-B510-65F2959D1A8E.jpeg
    E4A4A919-C527-4569-B510-65F2959D1A8E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Can you give me a pic of directly overhead? it may have to use your existing chimney OR you might be missing the top plate. any rivets or a dove tail where it can slide in or bolt on?

As you can see two pieces are not attached. But the top piece with the piece of wood on, we have, he is fixing it, the one hook is broken. We do not have the middle piece.
now that I took the pics, the last one, you can see through, should there be a gasket or something there so smoke does not come out?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
It's missing the top plate and fire brick. you can grab some scrap black marble at any tabletop/counter place cheap, most times free. the plate, if I was making it would cost 45$ in material plus ten bucks welding if I was making it. If you have a welder and a torch all the better, just be sure the stove pipe fits snugly inside the sleeve before you cut the smoke hole. While you're in there, why not add a shelf to cook on? Make it out of heavy perforated deck plate or it might interfere with the draw.

Have you searched the internet for "monarch woodstove parts diagrams"? You may find what you need or at least get pictures/schematics of your stove so you can see how it goes together.

Latest posts

Back