Oliver Cameron alaskan homesteader

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for posting this. There is a lot to explore at the linked website. Bookmarked it!

I think there were/are a lot of folks like Oliver. It's just their stories were never told
100% true. And there is now no motivation for them to be told.

I think there were/are a lot of folks like Oliver. It's just their stories were never told
trapline twins at Denali

@Sourdough @randyt ...this is what i want to see...tool rolls these guys had and used.i have a small tool roll but always looking to modify it to get better use from it.this guys drill is fantastic..also look real close at his axe.it has a notch in front and hole drilled in poll to hold a bent flat piece to work as an adze.

Untitled-81.png

Untitled-29.png

Untitled-18.png

Untitled-4.png

@elkhound did you come across the part where he is in norway and
makes a double bit axe from two single bit axes? A double bit axe in norway is unheard of. In the book. I posted, the author talks about Oliver visiting and making folding saws for him and his brother.
didnt look at that section yet.

a tool i want that doesnt exist that i know of is a mini version of a pulaski axe....maybe even hatchet sized to go on your belt. be used as an adze or a digging tool.

Latest posts

Back