Our old forum

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommycourt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I stilll had our old forum on one of my favorites and I decided to check it out. They still have me as an active member along with glockusmc, VT(Bob), Mag, Jim, and Easy CZ. Evidently we are still in good standing although you cannot get much info on our profiles. There are also points that are awarded for some unknown reason. It is much different than our forum used to look and Jim had the most points. I hope they are lottery points and he turns out to be a winner. They also still have some of our avatars on our names. I don't know what if anything this means, but I thought I would bring it to our attention.

Tommy

I’ve been locked out for weeks. If there are new posts, they’re not from me.

I've still been prowling around over there, looking for allenr(Sarge), but there's only about 2 new posts per day and not much of that is worth wasting my time to comment on it. I haven't seen anything new from the crew that migrated over here for quite a while. It sounds like Dildo is good at manipulating things so he definitely could be using old member's accounts to make it look like there's more activity over therr

I hate to say it, but I peruse several forums through any given day !.............

I don't hate to say it, but so do I, though I I always went to RT first. Now I come here first. The Handgun Forum most days, and The High Road at least weekly. Still a member of three other forums that I enter occasionally.

I don't hate to say it, but so do I, though I I always went to RT first. Now I come here first. The Handgun Forum most days, and The High Road at least weekly. Still a member of three other forums that I enter occasionally.

Oh hell, I am a member of at least a dozen different forums !...........

I don't know if I got the ban hammer over there yet but I sent a PM to Chris Dildo telling him how I felt about him screwing up the forum so I wouldn't be surprised if he banned me.....

I did manage to get a PM through to AllenR letting him know about this place ....

I just sent a PM to Sarge on RT. I guess we will know for sure if Dildo is hijacking the PM's soon. I made sure not to mention this forum by name but if Dildo reads it he will know what's going on...:stir pot:

When you go to the " old forums " to invite a friend over here...and put in this forum's link...

Before you hit send...make sure the link didn't change from:

talkfirearms ...TO... firearmstalk...

Like it did to me on the Bersa Forum when sending a PM to butcherman. :confused:

{ I finally got around it by typing w w w... t a l k ... f i r e a r m s ... c o m }

When you go to the " old forums " to invite a friend over here...and put in this forum's link...

Before you hit send...make sure the link didn't change from:

talkfirearms ...TO... firearmstalk...

Like it did to me on the Bersa Forum when sending a PM to butcherman. :confused:

{ I finally got around it by typing w w w... t a l k ... f i r e a r m s ... c o m }

I won't post the link, thats apparently an instant way to get banned over there, and the message will be deleted. I just asked him to pm me if he was interested in keeping touch with the old RT gang. If he responds I'll give him Jim's email.

I just looked at my old favorites and I see that the RT forum is missing. They must have found out that I was snooping and kicked me off. I don't care because this is the only forum I belong to. If I can't find it here then I will try to google something, but I don't need to be on the old forum. I am happy here!!

Tommy

I've still been prowling around over there, looking for allenr(Sarge), but there's only about 2 new posts per day and not much of that is worth wasting my time to comment on it. I haven't seen anything new from the crew that migrated over here for quite a while. It sounds like Dildo is good at manipulating things so he definitely could be using old member's accounts to make it look like there's more activity over therr
Hey Spike,
I believe Sarge is already a member here.... ? If you push the Members button, then the Registered Members button you can see what I believe to be all members.
Somebody registered as allenr with a Sarge avatar. If it's the Sarge we know he hasn't posted anything yet..... :confused;
allenr ---- Can you hear me now?

I've gone over to our old R/T forum a few times.
It ain't like it used to be. Most all of my buddies are over here now so not much point in going there anymore.......
Sides that, they screwed up the music thread!

Hey Spike,
I believe Sarge is already a member here.... ? If you push the Members button, then the Registered Members button you can see what I believe to be all members.
Somebody registered as allenr with a Sarge avatar. If it's the Sarge we know he hasn't posted anything yet..... :confused;
allenr ---- Can you hear me now?
I checked for activity, he's still on RT but not so much as before. Hopefully he is here, and the allenr profile is not the RT Admin turd trying to pull some bologna over on us. I like Sarge's comments and his general attitude about life - all business.

He got my PM cause he responded and said he'd come check this place out. Looks like he registered too. Still lurking maybe? When I sent him the message I spelled it out like Havasu said 't a l k f i r e a r m s d o t c o m'

I think it is a wise move for this new forum. After I heard what the commies were doing

I checked for activity, he's still on RT but not so much as before. Hopefully he is here, and the allenr profile is not the RT Admin turd trying to pull some bologna over on us. I like Sarge's comments and his general attitude about life - all business.

"all business". Seems like he said he was a regimental Sargent Major before retiring. Probably long ago learned that there's only so much time in a day. I don't always agree with him, but I forgo mentioning it. ;)

Ok, so I just got a pm from Sarge at RT a few minutes ago. He asked me to remind him of the name of the forum here is, so he must have forgotten it after he joined. Easy enough to do, I've had that happen to me before. Anyway I spelled it out with spaces, to get around their software, so he should be coming around soon. Either that or Dildo will intercept it and I'll get the hammer over at RT lol.

Has unclebob from the Springfield forum joined this one yet?

I stilll had our old forum on one of my favorites and I decided to check it out. They still have me as an active member along with glockusmc, VT(Bob), Mag, Jim, and Easy CZ. Evidently we are still in good standing although you cannot get much info on our profiles. There are also points that are awarded for some unknown reason. It is much different than our forum used to look and Jim had the most points. I hope they are lottery points and he turns out to be a winner. They also still have some of our avatars on our names. I don't know what if anything this means, but I thought I would bring it to our attention.

Tommy

Hi Tommy,
Just signed up with new handle:masterguns
Good to see you are here.
Allenr

Allen,

I am soooooo glad to see you arrived here. I have been wondering about you and how you have been doing. I hope this finds you well and in good spirits and your ankle bone has healed properly. This is kind of a big forum but we don't forget our friends that was on the old forum!!!! Please join in like in any conversation like you used to and sit back and enjoy and clue us in on your next new adventure. Good to see you buddy!!!!

Tommy

Allen,

I am soooooo glad to see you arrived here. I have been wondering about you and how you have been doing. I hope this finds you well and in good spirits and your ankle bone has healed properly. This is kind of a big forum but we don't forget our friends that was on the old forum!!!! Please join in like in any conversation like you used to and sit back and enjoy and clue us in on your next new adventure. Good to see you buddy!!!!

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Glad to be here and hpongnidiots do not deteriorate the forum.

The foot is again healed. I am in good shape again. I have been under the guidance of a hand therapist for the last several months. I do hand exercises every day, and my arthriticmhands are getting stronger. I am carrying 38o Remington with really low recoil and so easy to rack. But as the hands get stronger I look forward to 9mm.

I hope you are doing well. I snowed here the last two days, and I thought about you not having to deal with snow. Some day, if I live long enough, I,ought to move to Arizona. Heck, at least, I would not have to face the nuisance of getting my CCW permit renewed.

Be well, Happy Holidays, and warmest regards,

Allen

I used to be member of lots of forums. Interests like guns, computers, guitars, etc. I dropped out a lot because of them going stale, self centered/gestapo, trolls, etc.

Since I've quit playing guitars years ago I lost interest in guitar forums so they're all gone. The gun forums I stayed with are non brand specific such as this and THR. Since I drive a Taurus there's a Taurus forum and some general interest like the City-Data and the Straight Dope forums.

I have hopes for this forum. :wink:

Back