Paranoid or Prepared? Chapter One

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Doomsayers predicated a solar flare would take out the world’s fragile power grid. Or global warming, nuclear war, economic collapse, a worldwide Zombie or virus epidemic would end the world as we know it. They were wrong.

Attachments

• Chapter 01 - Paranoid or Prepared.pdf
    289.4 KB · Views: 138
Paranoid or Prepared? - Chapter 2

Chad, Rachel (Son and Daughter-in-law) and I had planned what routes they would take to get here in an emergency. Two of the routes are for driving and a more central direct route if forced to walk. About midway all three routes converged at a cemetery before splitting out again. According to our plan they will mark a certain head stone at the cemetery to indicate which final route they were taking. If their car was working they should have been here by now so they must be walking, a long seven day walk for them. If I could pick them up at the cemetery that would save them three or four days.

Attachments

• Chapter 02 - Paranoid or Prepared.pdf
    191.3 KB · Views: 109
Paranoid or Prepared? - Chapter 4

I slept like a rock. Sun was already up, watch said 8:23. Hope the kids didn’t pass me before I woke up I thought as I put my boots on. Nah they couldn’t have. The distances were too great to cover that quickly on foot… I hope. I smell smoke. Couldn’t be from my fire last night, I had buried the ashes under a rock after soaking with swamp water.

Attachments

• Chapter 04 - Paranoid or Prepared.pdf
    212.5 KB · Views: 116
Paranoid or Prepared? - Chapter 5

Mom was sitting on the front porch knitting when we pulled up the driveway. The kids waved at Grandma and headed her way for hugs. I unlocked the garage overhead door and drove the Mule inside and out of sight. I unpacked and quickly carried everything into the house. By that time the Mule’s engine had cooled down enough to top of the gas tank. Once I had everything unloaded I was ready to relax but still one more chore.

Attachments

• Chapter 05 - Paranoid or Prepared.pdf
    209 KB · Views: 97
Love the way it starts with a simple pair of pliers. Will go on now and read the next four chapters

Paranoid or Prepared? - Chapter 6

“Do you see them dad?”

“No. Andrew?”

“I think so. Just below those three trees to the left.” They all duck as they see a muzzle flash. A few seconds later the “Twang” as a bullet ricochets off the boulder wall of the OP.

Attachments

• Chapter 06 - Paranoid or Prepared.pdf
    191.5 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Back