Peasant Top (pattern)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I just was looking for an easy, but useful pattern that could be make inexpensively.

I came across this Peasant Top.

https://sewdifferent.co.uk/peasant-top-free-sewing-pattern-2/

upload_2018-4-15_22-24-45.png

I may have to consider trying it. I'm wanting to make some woven fabric tops soon. If I do, I think it would be fun to see if others want to try. Rather like a sew along.

ah, peasant tops. There were two different peasant top patterns my mom used in the 70s to make tops for me. They were very cute. It is possible to find vintage patterns on ebay, maybe etsy.
The one you have pictured here is different. I don't know if I care for the sleeves and it could be modified to just leave the bottom part of the sleeves off.

I think it's two squares, with excess fabric making the pleat in the front. Probably has something similar in the back.
The extra fabric on the sleeves seems to make them look more like sleeves. Would be interesting to use color blocking.

In the late 60s I used to make myself peasant tops all the time. They had a wide neckline like yours Angie but it was gathered with elastic along with the long poofy sleeves. I have made short sleeved one too, gathered at the bottom. I would put hippy style rick rack along the bottom and neckline usually. They were cute and went well with bell bottomed jeans. :)

Latest posts

Back