Pendleton clothing on sale now

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskajohn

Bugged out
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
It’s that time of the year where Dillards puts their Pendleton clothing on sale at about half price putting their 100% wool shirts and sweaters at the $80 range. No better wool shirts on the market at this price. They will be gone in a day or two. Not all listed here is wool, so check the product description. I have a good dozen of these shirts bought this time of year. Ladies just buy a man’s shirt at the appropriate size. I think the ladies wool are all sold out.

https://www.dillards.com/c/sale-clearance/men?emphasize=$mfName:pendleton&facet=mfName_ntk_cs:"Pendleton"

Someday I'd like to get a blanket..

They had a couple on sale yesterday and when I sat down with the wife this morning to see which one she wanted to get, they were gone…. :(

There was a bed spread or two still left.

It’s that time of the year where Dillards puts their Pendleton clothing on sale at about half price putting their 100% wool shirts and sweaters at the $80 range. No better wool shirts on the market at this price. They will be gone in a day or two. Not all listed here is wool, so check the product description. I have a good dozen of these shirts bought this time of year. Ladies just buy a man’s shirt at the appropriate size. I think the ladies wool are all sold out.

https://www.dillards.com/c/sale-clearance/men?emphasize=$mfName:pendleton&facet=mfName_ntk_cs:"Pendleton"
President's Day weekend is THE time to buy winter clothing especially. It is almost always half price. Dillards is a place where daughter and I both got nice leather boots for half price on President's Day weekend. I'm not a big shopper, but I like a really good sale like this.

Dad was always a Pendleton man. He must of had 10 of them. It was easy buying him a Christmas or birthday present. Just get him a Pendleton shirt. After he passed, my brothers and I inherited them.
1709504817630.jpeg

A couple years ago, we sold a couple of Pendleton blankets that were still in the box. We bought them at an auction and after 10 years never used them. So, we sold them (for $200 a piece). They were a limited edition blanket.
1709504403841.png
1709504435169.png

1709504465827.png
1709504496580.png

Dad was always a Pendleton man. He must of had 10 of them. It was easy buying him a Christmas or birthday present. Just get him a Pendleton shirt. After he passed, my brothers and I inherited them.
View attachment 125514

A couple years ago, we sold a couple of Pendleton blankets that were still in the box. We bought them at an auction and after 10 years never used them. So, we sold them (for $200 a piece). They were a limited edition blanket.
View attachment 125510 View attachment 125511

View attachment 125512 View attachment 125513

Quality clothing lasts and performs when it counts.

View attachment 125514

View attachment 125510 View attachment 125511

View attachment 125512 View attachment 125513
Wow!

We went to the Pendleton Factory in Pendleton, Oregon and bought a blanket.
It's not wool and it was made in Vietnam. :(
My wife doesn't like wool, too itchy she says.
I disagree.
I do have a wool Pendleton blanket that I use when I nap in the camp trailer.
I had a really nice shirt but it somehow got washed and dries the very first time after I wore it.

Last edited:
I threw in a generic military grade wool blanket with my amazon order. I have 2 of my dads woolies left from his days in the military , Vietnam era.
I found a light weight spring sunshine yellow blanket at a estate sale. It is old but in pristine condition. I picked it up for like 10 bucks.
When it gets cold..I thrown on a woolie on top of my pile. I still sleep in a mummy bag too. Last year I bought myself real silk fitted mattress cover with 2 pillowcases. They were pricy but it was the first time since my 20's I wasnt in my mummy bag. As soon as it got cold tho the mummy bag came out.

I like the Pendleton wool blankets and their wool shirts. We have a few of their blankets in the house, and keep one in each vehicle too. The only problem that I have with the Pendleton blankets is they aren't thick enough. I prefer the Hudson Bay point blankets and the Early blankets. We have a couple of them on our bed and keep a few in the closet. I order them from Northwest Traders out of Ohio.

My dad had some of those crappy military wool blankets from his Korean War days. They were itchy and I hated them. We use only wool blankets around here, and none of them are itchy. We bought quite a few wool blankets and sweaters from our trips to New Zealand. The best wool is Marino. For socks and long John's I like a wool silk blend.

My wife, who is a spinner of wool and knitter of wool garments, had this to say. Wool blankets/clothing that are scratchy are made from poor quality wool fiber that has been chopped up at the factory. All those short fiber ends are what makes that stuff scratchy. ...kinda like the short stubble on an unshaven face. Quality wool products are made from long staple wool fibers that have not been chopped up. Our Hudson's Bay blankets, wool sweaters, wool coats, and even wool underwear are not scratchy at all.

We went to the factory, hoping to get some great bargains. Umm, $35 for a pair of socks? $199 for a defective jacket? Umm, no!

I did like the bridge across the Columbia (?) River a few miles away from that factory though. I swear I was going to have a heart attack crossing that huge, metal span, 500' above the water, where you can look through the steel plates and see the water rushing under you!
SAM_0342.JPG
SAM_0356.JPG

I wear a long sleeve flannel over-shirt every day (unless it is 100°).
I have a huge selection of great ones, but have never bought one:oops:.
DW's aunt loves snagging bargains and cannot resist a good one, even if it is something she doesn't need.
The $35 ones I have, she paid $6 for :oops:.

As a teen I worked in a mens clothing store. It was a slow day, I was bored, and this guy walked in. I had him in a Penleton shirt and hat with a tie and socks all laid out, all in the same plaid. I was looking for a pair of pants of the same pattern in his size when my boss walked in. Before I could blink twice the boss had him out of the Pendleton and out the front door. As soon as he walked out of the sight of our last window the boss was all over me. I almost got canned that day.

Latest posts

Back