Petting Zoo loses their Alligator...!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In the Middle of the Middle of Nowhere...!!!
"KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KCTV/Gray News) – An alligator brought to a middle school by a petting zoo is now missing.

The alligator went missing Thursday afternoon at Lakeview Middle School in Kansas City.

KC Pet Project said its Animal Services Division is searching for the alligator at the school.

The alligator is approximately 14 inches long and had its mouth taped shut. It was brought to the school as part of an end-of-year celebration and was part of a petting zoo exhibit by an external company."

https://www.wowt.com/2024/05/24/alligator-missing-after-being-brought-middle-school-by-petting-zoo/

snapshot.jpg

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KCTV/Gray News) – An alligator brought to a middle school by a petting zoo is now missing.

The alligator went missing Thursday afternoon at Lakeview Middle School in Kansas City.

KC Pet Project said its Animal Services Division is searching for the alligator at the school.

The alligator is approximately 14 inches long and had its mouth taped shut. It was brought to the school as part of an end-of-year celebration and was part of a petting zoo exhibit by an external company."

https://www.wowt.com/2024/05/24/alligator-missing-after-being-brought-middle-school-by-petting-zoo/

View attachment 153005
I feel bad for the gator, it is doomed to slow starvation. :(
Some people just shouldn't have 'pets'.:mad:

I feel bad for the gator, it is doomed to slow starvation. :(
Some people just shouldn't have 'pets'.:mad:
Either the petting zoo people messed up or, one of the kids thought it funny to let it go or, one of the kids stole it.

You have to wonder how in the world that happened. Eventually he will be found, but maybe no longer alive.

I had a classroom in an open area called "the pod" with six classrooms and a larger space for the library, with only cabinets as classroom dividers to separate them. They were tall enough that you couldn't see over them, but there was a couple of feet between the top and the ceiling.
The library had a few large acrylic vivariums that contained different types of ecosystems and animals. Snakes and lizards would go missing from the vivariums. The ceiling was a dropped tile ceiling and there may still be a gecko living up there, eating cockroaches. Our classroom had its own restroom. One day one of my students went to use the restroom and found a not small snake wrapped around the toilet.

Well I do hope someone ATE it, ' bout the size of a Po Boy!! It should NOT be roaming around with tape on it's mouth!!😮
A Cajun would say..."Not enough meat on that thing to even bother skinnin' it :(".

You have to wonder how in the world that happened. Eventually he will be found, but maybe no longer alive.

I had a classroom in an open area called "the pod" with six classrooms and a larger space for the library, with only cabinets as classroom dividers to separate them. They were tall enough that you couldn't see over them, but there was a couple of feet between the top and the ceiling.
The library had a few large acrylic vivariums that contained different types of ecosystems and animals. Snakes and lizards would go missing from the vivariums. The ceiling was a dropped tile ceiling and there may still be a gecko living up there, eating cockroaches. Our classroom had its own restroom. One day one of my students went to use the restroom and found a not small snake wrapped around the toilet.
The dog training club I worked for had a big building with restrooms. I would go up before classes to remove any snakes and tarantulas that went in them to cool off!!

The dog training club I worked for had a big building with restrooms. I would go up before classes to remove any snakes and tarantulas that went in them to cool off!!
Just the opposite... There was a local tourist attraction of all kinds of reptiles.. In off season every morning they had to clear the boiler, utility room of rattle snakes and such so we could work in there..

Latest posts

Back