Phil says early spring

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never understood how a varmint in PA could predict the weather in the Pacific Northwest.
I guess there are some in the northern part of the state but not around where we live.
How?

It depends on seeing its shadow the morning after a long night of heavy drinking in a town with every hotel room booked for the night.

;)

Ben

well obviously if everyone hadnt been so thoughtless and gotten phils pronouns so wrong all these years then he-she-it-them-theyz would not have gotten so depressed...
That reminds me of the time I babysat a coworkers cats for a week while she went on vacation. There were two of them. They looked nearly identical. One was male and one was female though. I was supposed to give a special food to the male one.

For the whole week I was constantly catching cats and lifting their tails to take a look-see if I have correctly grabbed the male one. And it was always, "Nope, this looks like the female one". I can just see that cat gritting its teeth and seething in anger, "I am the male cat, you idiot!" I'm sure he was just as depressed as Phil must have been, after that week of humiliation. My engineering solution was to feed both cats a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of regular and special food (they both did fine with that). If someone wants me to identify a male cat, they should probably spray the little boy parts with fluorescent paint for easier ID. I guess I was expecting find something, well, ... a little larger.

@Pearl You didn't mention Bee Cave Bob! Texas's own predictor of spring. An armadillo. He said early spring March 11. Apparently Bob has never been wrong.
I didn't know about Bee Cave Bob!!😮🤔 I'll have to educate myself on that cuddly little varmint!! I do know this much, the Bluebirds are preparing their nests in my Martin house (they took it over 20+ years ago), and the skunks are becoming active! Look for 80° temps late February if the skunks are active the first week!! 😉🦨

Latest posts

Back