Picture Development

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyLocust

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I'm sure this is random to some folks, but I am trying to get pictures off my computer so I have as little as possible on the comp. I have years of pix in files and am going through making a list of which ones to print off for the photo albums (are we really going to hand a computer file to our children and grandchildren and expect them to look at it)? This also forces me to nix many photos that are duplicate and/or were for a specific project etc. I don't like file clutter any more than I like physical clutter 😊
Is there an online picture printing company (I know they exist) that offers good photos for reasonable price?
Also, do they need to be in a specific file format?
Thanks in advance.

I'm sure this is random to some folks, but I am trying to get pictures off my computer so I have as little as possible on the comp. I have years of pix in files and am going through making a list of which ones to print off for the photo albums (are we really going to hand a computer file to our children and grandchildren and expect them to look at it)? This also forces me to nix many photos that are duplicate and/or were for a specific project etc. I don't like file clutter any more than I like physical clutter 😊
Is there an online picture printing company (I know they exist) that offers good photos for reasonable price?
Also, do they need to be in a specific file format?
Thanks in advance.
We use Shutterfly.

It was a spin-off of Kodak .

It will let you upload images and you have them print what you want.

Ben

I bought a device to scan VHS tapes into my laptop.
You connect a VCR to it and it will digitize tapes.
It takes forever. I gave up after a couple of tapes.
It would cost me thousands of dollars to get all the pictures scanned and I still don't think my kids would look at them.
We have boxes of old pictures from my Mom and we very rarely look at them.
When we do we don't know a lot of the people in them.
Occasionally you will find a diamond though.
We found a picture of my Grandpa holing his fiddle taken sometime in the 1920 or 30s.
Interestingly it was printed reversed. He was holding his fiddle left handed and he was right handed.
That was not uncommon back then I guess.

It would cost me thousands of dollars to get all the pictures scanned and I still don't think my kids would look at them.
I did that too.
Spent hours and hours transferring Christmas VHS videos to digital videos...
Nobody has ever watched a single one. :mad:

@backlash i hold my fiddle in my left hand, bow in the right hand. I’m right handed.
@LadyLocust that sounds great. One of my kids took away the small cassettes that had old family movies on them from the 90s, had them put on DVD. That’s the Christmas surprise this year. Can’t wait. He was super excited about it.

Occasionally you will find a diamond though.
We found a picture of my Grandpa holing his fiddle taken sometime in the 1920 or 30s.
Interestingly it was printed reversed. He was holding his fiddle left handed and he was right handed.
That was not uncommon back then I guess.
This is how my family photos came to me- in boxes. One visit that my uncle was visiting my folks the same time I was, we all sat down to the task. As we identified a person, we put their name on an envelope and as we found more, in they went. Organized them later and got them in albums. We have pix back to civil war and tintypes - now mostly labeled. The photos on my computer are from the past 15ish years. I won’t print them all - just the album worthy ones.
There might be some oddball like me in the family who actually appreciates it. And a few albums is easy to have on the bookshelf. Boxes of miscellaneous pictures are just clutter.

i hold my fiddle in my left hand, bow in the right hand. I’m right handed.
Most right handed people hold the instrument in their left hand.
Like baseball gloves go on your non dominate hand.
The picture of Grandpa he had his fiddle in his right hand and the bow in his left.
Dad took the picture to Walmart and had them reprint it correctly.

Most right handed people hold the instrument in their left hand.
Like baseball gloves go on your non dominate hand.
The picture of Grandpa he had his fiddle in his right hand and the bow in his left.
Dad took the picture to Walmart and had them reprint it correctly
I misunderstood. Glad your dad got it flipped. I wish I had a photo of my dad holding the fiddle (the one I have now). It was his, he bought it at least 60 years ago.

Back