Pies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an experiment

I just made it and it is freezing

Do you have fun pops in your area?
Take 5 thawed fun pops. (I used apple)
Adda 1 can sweetened condensed milk
Tablespoon cinnamon. And mix
I did not put mine in pie shell. And wI’ll not till I have the mixture tight/worked out
View attachment 125541
Dang man. I have stumbled onto something
This bugger taste like apple pie

Oh oh. A back to back post
Do I continue or wait for someone to jump in then proceed? Going to treat this like a stop sign. Look both ways. Ck my mirror and. BURN RUBBER !!!!!!
I have no problem with you posting back to back. I have done this many times, but with what I thought was meaningful content. We did have a member who would post back to back with little to no content, but is gone now! It was pointed out to me a few months ago, and I realized that I might want to be more careful. But, if I have 14 pie recipes, why not post them all?

Pi day is a thing at our house. Have to make a dark chocolate cream pie for husband with real whipped cream. Pudding part of that pie is made from scratch, too. He is a math geek. Then he sees how far out he can still quote pi. We used to have matching pi tshirts, but I'm sure they don't fit anymore. Too much pie.

Do I continue or wait for someone to jump in then proceed? Going to treat this like a stop sign. Look both ways. Ck my mirror and. BURN RUBBER !!!!!!
https://64.media.tumblr.com/d4f7a7260d2e89d660159521be3f12d9/tumblr_pudyn7UYRe1s3lqteo1_500.gif

This is not a pie, this recipe is my wife’s go to for special events

It is old and damaged. But can be zoomed in on
If you need any clarification my wife will be happy to give it to you

View attachment 125543View attachment 125542View attachment 125544
I'm going to type this recipe out and then share that! This recipe must be a well loved recipe when you see how tattered it is.

@Frodo, what about an onion pie? It is not a dessert, but seems more like a quiche. @sonya123 , are you familiar with a German onion pie?

https://12tomatoes.com/german-onion-pie/

INGREDIENTS​

• 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
  • 4 slices thick bacon, diced
  • 2 cups yellow onion, peeled and chopped
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds

PREPARATION​

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Leave about 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings in the pan.
  3. Add onions to skillet and cook until soft, but do not brown. Reduce heat if needed. Once softened, set aside to cool.
  4. In a medium bowl, beat the sour cream and eggs together. Add flour, salt, and pepper, and caraway seeds, and mix to combine.
  5. Prick pie dough with a fork a few times to prevent bubbles, then spread bacon and cooked onions over the shell.
  6. Pour sour cream mixture over the top and bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 15 minutes more, or until top has set. Serve hot and enjoy!

@Frodo, what about an onion pie? It is not a dessert, but seems more like a quiche. @sonya123 , are you familiar with a German onion pie?

INGREDIENTS​

• 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
  • 4 slices thick bacon, diced
  • 2 cups yellow onion, peeled and chopped
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds

PREPARATION​

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Leave about 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings in the pan.
  3. Add onions to skillet and cook until soft, but do not brown. Reduce heat if needed. Once softened, set aside to cool.
  4. In a medium bowl, beat the sour cream and eggs together. Add flour, salt, and pepper, and caraway seeds, and mix to combine.
  5. Prick pie dough with a fork a few times to prevent bubbles, then spread bacon and cooked onions over the shell.
  6. Pour sour cream mixture over the top and bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 15 minutes more, or until top has set. Serve hot and enjoy!
Yummy. I have neve cooked one but I have ate one. Tasty.

My Pi day shirt

1709571326801.png

Nope LOL , I think I mentioned this before but a lot of recipe that get called "German" are not anything you would get there or make

https://www.chefkoch.de/rs/s0/zwiebelkuchen/Rezepte.html

it's a yeast dough, not a pie crust to start

here is the real thing, this I have had , not my favorite but ok

Pi day is a thing at our house. Have to make a dark chocolate cream pie for husband with real whipped cream. Pudding part of that pie is made from scratch, too. He is a math geek. Then he sees how far out he can still quote pi. We used to have matching pi tshirts, but I'm sure they don't fit anymore. Too much pie.
So, do you have a pie-are-square pie pan?

I didn't make one but the guys are saying that the fairies in the shop must have been in a bad mood because it's bee a bit of a rough week. (They blame things on the fairies) So today, I picked up a cherry pie from the bakery - thought it might be a little better than a grocery store pie but who knows. I don't eat pie.

I make husband's favorite every pi day, so we had it after dinner. From scratch...dark chocolate cream. (real cream, real chocolate, no pudding from a box). Yummy. Happy pi day guys
I used to make those growing up. It only used the egg yolks so with the whites, I would make polkadots 😁. Those are basically meringues with mini chocolate chips 🤤

I didn't make one but the guys are saying that the fairies in the shop must have been in a bad mood because it's bee a bit of a rough week. (They blame things on the fairies) So today, I picked up a cherry pie from the bakery - thought it might be a little better than a grocery store pie but who knows. I don't eat pie.
Fairies don't eat pie😉

https://64.media.tumblr.com/d4f7a7260d2e89d660159521be3f12d9/tumblr_pudyn7UYRe1s3lqteo1_500.gif

This is not a pie, this recipe is my wife’s go to for special events

It is old and damaged. But can be zoomed in on
If you need any clarification my wife will be happy to give it to you

View attachment 125543View attachment 125542View attachment 125544
It looks as though I was going to type this up so it is easier to read. It is for Sock it to Me Cake. It is a cake recipe that can be found around the internet. I will share a recipe on the Cakes thread.

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/cakes.18848/post-644144

Latest posts

Back