Planning to go dark again, need advice.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
https://www.renogy.com/?msclkid=21a...enogy panels&utm_content=BrandBroad eCPC 9.21
I'm rebuilding my power supply from scratch, gimmie some ideas. I have NOTHING left from before.
Any specific questions? We did ours. We bought a kit at Home Depot after calculating how much wattage we absolutely needed for emergencies and got some very expensive batteries , had to replace the first charge controller because it broke
It is outside mounted on a frame we built out of wood

Home depot has a kit? how much was it? the one I'm looking at costs 5 grand!
I'm looking to power a refrigerator and charge a couple of lap tops and maybe lights two hours a day.

Home depot has a kit? how much was it? the one I'm looking at costs 5 grand!
I'm looking to power a refrigerator and charge a couple of lap tops and maybe lights two hours a day.
When we bought it , it was around $2000 plus maybe $500 for the batteries and $200 for the wood to build the frame. It's only 600 watt but that's enough to run a chest freezer turned into a fridge. You can't run a regular fridge on it, but chest freezers use much less energy and I have a $60 temperature controller for it to turn it into a fridge. So in emergencies we can run 2 chest freezers with it, plus charge phones , that's about all we need. I do want to add another set like this to run the rest of the freezers

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Renogy-...-Charge-Controller-RKIT600DPM-RVR60/314274396
this was not it, but close. Ours came with a sine inverter

but I have to tell you, husband is an electrical engineer...

Here is a list of (probably not comprehensive ) companies that you can look into that will help you.

*Disclaimer I used a online website called ChatGPT to generate this response.*

SunPower: SunPower is an American solar company that offers a range of home solar power kits. Their kits include high-efficiency solar panels and inverters, as well as comprehensive support and financing options.

LG Solar: LG Solar is a Korean company with a strong presence in the American solar market. They offer a range of home solar power kits that include LG's highly efficient solar panels, as well as inverters and mounting systems. They also offer a range of financing options to help make going solar more affordable.

Tesla: Tesla is an American company that is well-known for its electric vehicles, but they also offer home solar power kits. Their kits include high-quality solar panels, inverters, and battery storage systems, and are designed to be easy to install and maintain.

Enphase Energy: Enphase Energy is an American solar company that offers a range of home solar power kits. Their kits include solar panels, inverters, and mounting systems, and are designed to be easy to install and maintain.

SolarWorld: SolarWorld is an American solar company that offers a range of home solar power kits. Their kits include high-quality solar panels, inverters, and mounting systems, and are designed to be easy to install and maintain.

Canadian Energy: Canadian Energy is a Canadian-based solar company that offers a range of home solar power kits. Their kits include Canadian-made solar panels, inverters, and mounting systems, and are designed to be easy to install and maintain.

First Solar: First Solar is an American solar company that offers a range of home solar power kits. Their kits include high-efficiency solar panels, inverters, and mounting systems, and are designed to be easy to install and maintain.

Heliene: Heliene is an American-Canadian solar company that offers a range of home solar power kits. Their kits include high-quality solar panels, inverters, and mounting systems, and are designed to be easy to install and maintain.

LG Energy: LG Energy is a division of LG Corporation that offers a range of home solar power kits. Their kits include LG's highly efficient solar panels, as well as inverters and mounting systems. They also offer a range of financing options to help make going solar more affordable.

Sunrun: Sunrun is an American solar company that offers a range of home solar power kits. Their kits include solar panels, inverters, and mounting systems, and are designed to be easy to install and maintain. They also offer a range of financing options to help make going solar more affordable.

Latest posts

Back