Portable battery box

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side Note: All my vehicles are diesel and have two batteries (accept the CASE 450-B). Everything gets parked for the five months of winter, but mid-way (JAN. 15'th) I like to charge everything up.

So you plug it into AC power to charge the unit?
https://no.co/genius10
I have one in each of our vehicles. It has saved me twice and other people several times.
I used it on a diesel that had a dead battery and it was no problem.
I can plug it into either vehicle via a USB port while driving or 120v USB port adapter and it will recharge the unit.
They have a cigarette lighter adapter also.
After reading this thread I went and got both units and checked them. Both were still at 75% so they would have worked but I brought them in and I'm recharging them now.
I had not recharged them in months so they hold a charge pretty well.
Well worth the $99 I paid for them.
I highly recommend the hard side carrying case for them.

THANKS for the help. It is ordered, strangely it was/is the same price on Amazon.com
Thanks Hardcalibres! The jump charger was a miss click, Wanted the Genius 10 & clicked the wrong one.
I ordered the box, too. I now need to get the Genius & match it to the best battery for the pack.

Last edited:
Well, it arrived yesterday. And I instantly have two problems. The easy to solve problem, is I can't get it back in the box, I think it will fit in an ammo can.

Now the HUGE problem is could any human actually read the instructions, never seen instructions printed so tiny. I hope there is a good YouTube Video, or I am 19 kinds of super screwed.

Well, it arrived yesterday. And I instantly have two problems. The easy to solve problem, is I can't get it back in the box, I think it will fit in an ammo can.

Now the HUGE problem is could any human actually read the instructions, never seen instructions printed so tiny. I hope there is a good YouTube Video, or I am 19 kinds of super screwed.

That small print instructions gets me as well. Have to use a magnifying glass. Most likely driven by reducing cost AND the fact most people don't read instructions.

Ben

There are about a dozen or so youtube videos on the Genius 10 that cover general operation and some specific things you can do with it (and to what type of battery).

The only control on a NOCO charger is the mode button. Once you know what mode you need (based upon battery voltage, type and what you are trying to do to it), you can scroll through the battery modes to set the charger to do what you want.

Edit to add:

They also do a lot automatically.........if you hook them up to a sick battery, they will detect that and, after some exploratory charging, they will switch themselves into "repair" mode. If the battery responds to the repairs, that will continue for a while before going back into charge mode. If the battery doesn't respond to repair mode, then the charger will indicate a charge error by displaying some flashing lights in the mode indicator LEDs.

Even then, you can force it to reattempt repair and some times repeatedly doing that will bring back a damaged battery to at least some degree.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back