Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daily-morning-awesomeness-35-photos-2583.jpg

I had taken an American Girl doll out for photos, this doll's story is she went to Space Camp. Took these photos and showed my Granddaughters in FL. Love that email.
These rockets are things static fired while I was growing up. I need a good photo of Saturn V as Dad worked on the cailbration of the Saturn V, Uncle worked on static test stand (many a day my bedroom windows shook).

21765087_1687357037942795_2903214728872802921_n.jpg

Rust and the car getting crushed I can see. Where would the plow put the snow?!

Along some highways and interstates we have huge deep ditches, so the snow gets pushed into them. In some parking lots they just make huge piles. On city streets and some other place they put it in trucks and haul it elsewhere to make huge piles. Our street department have these driving snowblowers that shoot it into the back of a dump truck as they drive down the street. It has to go somewhere are you end up flooding in the spring.

shooting snow into Caltrans truck_thumb.jpg

WEB-11Snow-crews-working-i-937x840.jpg

Along some highways and interstates we have huge deep ditches, so the snow gets pushed into them. In some parking lots they just make huge piles. On city streets and some other place they put it in trucks and haul it elsewhere to make huge piles. Our street department have these driving snowblowers that shoot it into the back of a dump truck as they drive down the street. It has to go somewhere are you end up flooding in the spring.

View attachment 2699

View attachment 2700
snow removal issues, another thing we desert dwellers don't have to worry about!:)

I live about 35 miles from McGregor, Texas,
where Space X does all their rocket tests.
I can hear the tests very, very clearly.
SpaceX-test-facility-Photo-Credit-SpaceX.jpg

Nothing like that sound, is it? I miss the static test fires that use to happen with the Saturn V.

Typically from there it gets trucked to someplace on the outskirts of the cities where they make huge mountains of it that don't finish melting away until late autumn at least in cities up this way.

Typically from there it gets trucked to someplace on the outskirts of the cities where they make huge mountains of it that don't finish melting away until late autumn at least in cities up this way.

Our snow piles are usually gone by late June, but basically the same thing. Kids have died on those snow mountains too.

Rust and the car getting crushed I can see. Where would the plow put the snow?!

In my driveway is where the city used to put it, then I had to shovel it back into the street.
I was gone for a few days once and the city plowed the snow into the driveway and yard. Then it thawed and refroze several times and I had to use a splitting maul to clear the 4 foot tall ice pile so I could get my car in the garage before the city ticketed me for parking in the street.
I was not happy with the city and they were equally unhappy with me.

Latest posts

Back