Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad set them out behind the shop years ago. They look amazing in bloom...

Around here they are known as Catawba trees. The worms that live on them are well known as great fish bait. When i was a kid everyone knew who fished... they all had Catawba trees in their yard! 😁

Funny, these don't bloom every year for some odd reason... but when they do!!!

Just realized... at the base of the big tree is a clump off wild asparagus, it's grown there for years.

Catalpa q  (7).jpg

OH! Catawba trees! I used to think people were saying Ketobler trees. We used to have one in the front yard but it fell over during a hurricane. I remember those worms. Used them for bait when fishing a few times. Haven't seen those worms since that tree died. Box turtles loved to eat the catawba grubs.

How are the trees bad for French drains? The roots?

We moved the baker's rack over, which allowed Itsy to get up on this shelf where cats aren't supposed to go. She's already knocked down a few things.
1716693332642.png

Bethesda likes to jump to the top of my door from the nearby shelves and she sleeps up there.
1716693412211.png
1716693488534.png

Mewlatto napping on the cat tree
1716693572896.png

My brother had to interfere
1716693618378.png

Senator Snugglebum napping on my bed with Ginger behind him.
1716693686586.png

That's a wonderful picture. Thanks for posting it.
Our Founding Fathers prayed for a miracle and God gave it to them and us!
Thank you. I mean, you’re welcome. It is a favorite of mine. I have a print of it and one of my kids has one.
Keeps it real when you hang reminders on your walls of what is important to you.

Rainbows appear when the sun is at our back. That image had the sun to the left.
And their radius and/or center does not vary as in the top arc. If the rainbow continued all the way around, it would make a perfect circle. A round circle that is, not an irregular one like in the picture.

When you have a multiple rainbow, the arcs appear very nearly concentric (slight distortions can appear though, I believe). The two arcs in the picture are nowhere near concentric.

And any clouds you see always appear to be behind the rainbow. The lower arc looks like is going behind and being blocked by the tornado.

It is AI

Rainbows appear when the sun is at our back. That image had the sun to the left.

That MFer is NOT real. ;)

Ben
There you go with your science and logic, you're supposed to just stand there with yer mouth open and say wow!🤪
The majority of what we see in the near future will be AI generated.:(
...like if this was real :rolleyes::
biden2stage.jpg

Last edited:
There you go with your science and logic, you're supposed to just stand there with mouth open and say wow!🤪
The majority of what we see in the near future will be AI generated.:(
...like if this was real:
biden2stage.jpg
Yes but...

You shouldn't have to be a da__ physicist to be able to tell if something is real or not!

Ben

Yes but...

You shouldn't have to be a da__ physicist to be able to tell if something is real or not!

Ben
...have you met the current generation that will replace us? :dunno:
0*NpFy1ZW7-j-r1tox.jpg

What if AI is real, and what we think is real isn't? Welcome to the matrix my friend. Welcome to the matrix.
We should understand what we are facing.
With CGI starting years ago, we had wonderful fake pictures.:)
Today with AI, we will have wonderful fake videos.
Back in the old days they said: "only believe what you see".
That will soon no longer be true...