Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got big red flowers! :woo hoo:
Going by the number of buds, we're gonna have a lot more too!
IMG_20240509_111325_kindlephoto-2178816523.jpg

Today's trivia question: do you know their proper name?

Sunrun Solar?
Unfortunately, that thing would be in the trash can just like that company.
They have their niche in the market...
They sell fully-automated, turn-key, complete systems to wealthy customers who don't want to spend a minute of their time to learn how the system works.
They fish in the deep end of the pond for 'the big fish'. :)
Being a capitalist, I can't blame them for that:rolleyes:.

This morning I saw this polled hereford bull, a beauty! Belongs to my neighbor, the husband died, the wife is in her late 80's and is still raising beef. Anyway, she got this bull last fall. I'd seen him before but from a distance, not up close until today.

He's clearly registered, typical hereford disposition. A little big for a hereford though, maybe an extra 300lbs. Can't wait to see his calves.

20240509_130228a.jpg
20240509_130231a.jpg

This morning I saw this polled hereford bull, a beauty! Belongs to my neighbor, the husband died, the wife is in her late 80's and is still raising beef. Anyway, she got this bull last fall. I'd seen him before but from a distance, not up close until today.

He's clearly registered, typical hereford disposition. A little big for a hereford though, maybe an extra 300lbs. Can't wait to see his calves.

View attachment 129506View attachment 129507
Very nice bull. Reminds me of the ones my uncle raised

Better make that 3.5! :oops:
I used water, (so I wouldn't have to wash it) and my certified measuring container :thumbs::
View attachment 129509
Coors lite or water, same same. :p
We used to drink cases and cases of 16 OZ cans of Coors light when I was in San Diego.
We would go to every minimart in Imperial Beach and empty their coolers.
It usually took 2 pickups on Friday night.
The whole squadron could show up and there was 125 enlisted sailors.
That doesn't include the local girls.

Finally got my little drone going after putting off doing the program down load and linking to the cell phone.
I also have been practicing with a cheap drone which has been frustrating....This drone i got at costco (membership discount store) for about $450 with plans to use it for our tour buisness and taking shots of ancient megaliths that we are getting too old to climb up to.
Turns out it is really fun and simple to use and doesnt dissapear into the neighbors trees instantly with every puff of wind.
Should work well and I also consider it to be a usefull tool to keep an eye on the local area or if we happen to be back in the woods avoiding the zombies.

This shot shows the local small lake that is a side channel of one of the damed lakes on the missouri. The snow capped mountains are about 50 miles away as the buzzard flies and we used to live at the base of them.
I shot this at dusk so the quality should be better with better lighting.

Attachments

• DJI_0006.JPG
    DJI_0006.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Anyone know who this is?

1715304905585.png

I was watching the movie about Lynyrd Skynyrds Crash in Mississippi, and thought of someone who had enormous influence on a lot of singers and groups just because of his larger than life talent and need for perfection in the art of music.

This is one of music's greatest unseen stars, he is responsible for so many hits and refining some real stars.

He worked with the best of the best and had some really great Sessions musicians some of whom became superstars.

He had the best place I had ever seen for a hideaway, it was one of the most beautiful places I ever saw in from the 60s up. maybe those are the pictures I should put on.

I have one but they are rare, this is just a part of the house, it is much more

1715306491489.png

Anyone know who this is?

View attachment 129518

I was watching the movie about Lynyrd Skynyrds Crash in Mississippi, and thought of someone who had enormous influence on a lot of singers and groups just because of his larger than life talent and need for perfection in the art of music.

This is one of music's greatest unseen stars, he is responsible for so many hits and refining some real stars.

He worked with the best of the best and had some really great Sessions musicians some of whom became superstars.

He had the best place I had ever seen for a hideaway, it was one of the most beautiful places I ever saw in from the 60s up. maybe those are the pictures I should put on.

View attachment 129522
Rick Hall?

Ben

Anyone know who this is?

View attachment 129518

View attachment 129522
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...her-of-muscle-shoals-music-dead-at-85-198867/

In 2014, he won the Grammy Trustees Award in recognition of his long career. Hall remained active in the music industry with FAME Studios, FAME Records, and FAME Publishing. Hall died of prostate cancer in Muscle Shoals, Alabama on January 2, 2018 at the age of 85.

The Northern light might be visible tonight through the weekend in a lot of areas not normally seen.
DW said that she had read as far south as N. Alabama! :oops:

Anyone ever check street views on internet maps? I was sitting up with bad weather the other night. Out of curiosity I checked some street views of a place I lived decades ago. It brought back something I'd long forgotten.

At the end of the block there was this little one way street. This is and was a student neighborhood next to a major university. In between was a place called the ‘strip’. A few blocks with bars, restaurants and a few shops. Way back then blue laws were in full force here in Bama. No alcohol sold on Sunday. Being clever a bar owner on the strip would open at midnight sunday night. Could open legally midnight to 2am.

I’d borrowed a roommates bicycle to meet friends for a pitcher of beer. At 2am I’m riding the 6 blocks back home. I start down this little hill, it was late fall, a chilly night. I had my hands in my jacket pockets, just coasting but at a good clip.

I’d forgotten that in the yard of the grey house to the left there stood a huge walnut tree. I didn’t realize until it was too late that the street was filled with walnuts. And my hands were in my pockets!!! :eyeballs:

It wasn’t pretty!!! The front rim was crushed. The rear wheel rolled another block without the bike. I was bleeding from the top of my head to the tip of my right shoeless foot. AND I was under a parked car when I stopped sliding!!! 🤣 No broken bones but covered in road rash...

Then i had to buy my roommate a new bike!!! The old one was in pieces! Anyway, this was the spot of the worst bike wreck i ever had.

10th st hill.jpg

Last edited:
Was that before or after the pitcher of beer

It was after but i've always been a slow drinker, 5/6 guys, 2 pitchers in 2hours... no one was drunk. And who wrecks on a little slope? I'd have been fine but for the darn walnuts in the street!!! 🤣

-------------------

Anyway, map views have allowed me to look up several places I lived thru the decades. To to see how much things have changed. I was surprised that a couple were still there. A townhouse in va beach va was old 40yrs ago, its still there. And a place in wv, that place should have been condemned when i moved out 30yrs ago. But the building is still there.

Last edited:
The bull is so cute! I want to pet him. I was watching a program where someone was getting the small fluffy cows and I want one. They are adorable.

Ooh, that house looks like something from medieval times. Or something they would have in Midsomer Murders. Love that style. Can't remember what it is called though.

I love looking at street view.
This is from street view in my town. Usually there aren't other cars in front of the old rusted vintage ones, but there was a newer car the day they did the pics.
1715399971385.png
1715400088803.png

It was after but i've always been a slow drinker, 5/6 guys, 2 pitchers in 2hours... no one was drunk. And who wrecks on a little slope? I'd have been fine but for the darn walnuts in the street!!! 🤣

-------------------

Anyway, map views have allowed me to look up several places I lived thru the decades. To to see how much things have changed. I was surprised that a couple were still there. A townhouse in va beach va was old 40yrs ago, its still there. And a place in wv, that place should have been condemned when i moved out 30yrs ago. But the building is still there.
I do that too!!

Happened to drive by this field yesterday. It’s divided now, pasture in the east half, soybeans in the flat part to the right (light green color).

Long ago all of it was my grandfathers cotton field, one of several. I remember one year, had to be in June, we had to hoe this entire field. Took us a week finish it with about a dozen kids and a couple of adults.

We started about 6:30, as soon as it was good light. We ate lunch at the edge of the field, didn’t stop until about 5 pm.

20240511_Wilsonpl36a.jpg
20240511_Wilsonpl38a.jpg
20240511_Wilsonpl40a.jpg
20240511_Wilsonpl44a.jpg
20240511_Wilsonpl46a.jpg

Back