Potting Shed Operations

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanHunter

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am trying to get a handle on Potting Shed Operations. Over the past decade I have increased my year round gardening but now I am thinking about re-use of containers and it gets me to thinking about how to operate your potting shed to control pests and get the maximum use of growing containers. I have seen some shows on the 1800s where they had potting tables, but I don't see a lot of information on how to properly clean, disinfect, and reuse gardening materials. Any experienced gardeners who have tried and true methods, I would love to hear what you do....

Last edited:
a general clean with some water seems to do the trick , here our main pests are slugs and snails and some kind of trap-say a beer trap- seems to work, that and picking off by hand any we see.
I grow some food in containers, other stuff is in the garden proper.

I have a small greenhouse. Had a center table to work on but I could take the top off and plant in it also. Ended up repurposing it. Was always in my way. I resused containers for years without doing anything to them, when they started to fall apart I tossed. I didnt have a bug problem, if I had, I would have cleaned in a vinegar water solution or clorox water solution.

I have a metal work table I use for potting plants and stuff, didnt cost me anything it was abandoned outside an industrial unit no longer required.
Mine was free too.
The three Stainless Steel table I had to pay for, but they went for ten percent of the new cost.
The two 3/4 steel top 36 X 30 short table were free, because the boss said they were junk.

Latest posts

Back