Power Meter

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I know its a power meter to read fiber optic cable strength. I used something similar 30yrs ago that was the size of a case of beverages. Anyone used a modern equivalent like this one?

They ran fiber optic cable out here this fall. The last technician was here about 2 weeks ago. I’m unsure if those guys lost it or my dog stole it. Anyway, saw it in the yard this morning. Now I need to figure out how to use it. (Lazy dog should have swiped the operators manual too! 🤣)

20231204_fibopwmeter.jpg

I know its a power meter to read fiber optic cable strength. I used something similar 30yrs ago that was the size of a case of beverages. Anyone used a modern equivalent like this one?

They ran fiber optic cable out here this fall. The last technician was here about 2 weeks ago. I’m unsure if those guys lost it or my dog stole it. Anyway, saw it in the yard this morning. Now I need to figure out how to use it. (Lazy dog should have swiped the operators manual too! 🤣)

View attachment 120804
Don't you need a calibrated source?

Ben

I can find out. We have some techs that do Fiber work. Their gear don't look like that one. But should be able to help out.
Can you send me the model #?

ShinewayTech
Model OPM-15B

Don't you need a calibrated source?

Ben

Last one I used was about 1995. No idea what's required for this generation of meters.

Power-meter: and here I was all prepared to chirp about how much I love our 'smart meter' :(.
My best friend told me that if you look at the 3rd number it shows, that is the VAC you are receiving.
Well, I'll bedamed!:oops:
Didn't know that! We are at 245vac with no big loads running, and I never had to break out my voltmeter.:D
...Sorry, now back to fiber-optics.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back