Practicing "LYING", "FIBBING" and "UnTRUTHS" as a survival skill

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Not a big fan of lying myself, but I do enjoy finding ways to say things without giving away any usable information.

Like: "Do you have any water stored?"
Yep. I'm 98% water and now that you have mentioned it, I got to pee.

"How much gas do you have stored?"

Not too much. More if I had baked beans for supper.

I wasn't brought up to lie, I think that's why I don't like politicians.
I'm guessing that most politicians were not brought up to lie. At some points in their lives it became apparent that lying had advantages, and that remembering their lies, while important, was usually not crucially important. Politics is a form of 'doing business'. 'Sharp' business practice is the art of lying productively.

I know (at a distance) several 'sharp practice' businessmen who seem to believe that their private lives are not contaminated by the practice - that they are in actuality 'honorable men'.

Yet........people willingly prefer to live in a sea of illusion. Nearly everything in your life is an illusion, everything. You can't see it or acknowledge it because you were born into a sea of un-reality. If you look at everything you see today and tell the truth it is all not reality. It is like a stage set for a theater production. It is "ALL" a lie. Which is why we are terrified of a massive SHTF, because then the illusion, the "LIE" we so deeply cherish would VANISH.

We can't really grasp reality, we think reality is the illusion, yet in some back dark foggy hidden knowingness we see the shadows of reality. Everything is a lie. And we prefer the lie.

Take away all of the illusion and what remains.....I could tell you, but it is better to figure it out yourself.

People go to the theater and movies to become immersed in a fiction. Even though most of our lives are a fiction there are always glimpses that you can view.
People who are comfortable when they are alone typically are more aware of their reality and how it conflicts with the daily life of most people.
Meditation, deep relaxation, or what ever you call being within your own thoughts is where to find your reality.

Meditation, deep relaxation, or what ever you call being within your own thoughts is where to find your reality.

It also helps to go outside once in a while and touch the real earth, breathe the real air, hear the real birds, feel the real wind, smell the real moss, see the green leaves, feel the warm sun, etc. If the S actually did HTF, folks would have no choice but to get outside and try and connect to the earth in a way that they have never done before. Yeah, that would be real.

Latest posts

Back