Prepping Tips

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have 4 of these now. I've used one for in the winter around my neck and across my mouth when it was bitter cold to breathe into
0_0_0_0_497_549_csupload_62907203.jpg

I keep a roll like this in the backpack I carry on an airplane. I put a collapsible toothbrush and a travel size tube of toothpaste in the middle. I am assuming I will probably end up in a hotel, but you could throw a small bar of soap in the middle as well. After folding and rolling I put the finished product in a gallon size Zip Lok bag. Doesn't take up much space, or add too much weight.

After this last trip we are checking luggage. Tired of lugging (even wheeling) carry-ons through the airport, especially coming home. Who cares if they lose your luggage when you are going home. You won't need it. Just make sure you keep your house keys and your car keys on you.

Excellent tip Dragonlady! :thumbs:

This is completely wrong.
No hooks before the first weight. Useless.
The length of the string to the weights should be short enough to keep the hooks on the bottom.
No float unless you want someone to empty it everyday for you.
Run it all the way across the river to the other side.
The only thing they got right:
The ends of the trotline must be tied below the water level where it cannot be seen or others will run your trotline for you:(.

Last edited:
This is completely wrong.
No hooks before the first weight. Useless.
The length of the string to the weights should be short enough to keep the hooks on the bottom.
No float unless you want someone to empty it everyday for you.
Run it all the way across the river to the other side.
The only thing they got right:
The end of the trotline must be tied below the water level where it cannot be seen or others will run your trotline for you:(.
Unless you are waiting for somebody to try to run your trotline. Just sayin.

Latest posts

Back