PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS TO NATION...1/8/2019... BORDER SECURITY

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOOTER13

SNIPER
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Trump won the night. Schumer and Pelosi lost...by: Marc Thiessen

BBS0RF2.img

© Reuters U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer pose for photographers after concluding their joint response, to President Trump's prime time address, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., January 8, 2019.

President Trump did something Tuesday night that he has rarely done since taking office: He used the presidential bully pulpit to reach beyond his hardcore base of supporters to make his case to the American people as a whole.

Speaking from the Oval Office for the first time during his presidency, Trump embraced our country’s tradition as a nation of immigrants, declaring “America proudly welcomes millions of lawful immigrants who enrich our society and contribute to our nation.” He then offered a cogent explanation why he believes we face what he called “a humanitarian crisis — a crisis of the heart and a crisis of the soul” along our southern border.

He pointed out the human cost of our broken system to illegal migrants themselves, expressing compassion for the “children [who] are used as human pawns by vicious coyotes and ruthless gangs” and the “women [who] are sexually assaulted on the dangerous trek up through Mexico.” He shared heartbreaking stories of Americans killed by criminal aliens who had no right to be here — including a police officer in California who was murdered, a 16-year-old girl who was brutally stabbed in Maryland, and an Air Force veteran who was raped and beaten to death.

“I’ve held the hands of the weeping mothers and embraced the grief-stricken fathers,” Trump declared. “I will never forget the pain in their eyes, the tremble in their voices, or the sadness gripping their souls.”

And he laid out his solution, which he explained was “developed by law enforcement professionals and border agents” and includes funds for cutting-edge technology, more border agents, more immigration judges, more bed space and medical support — and $5.7 billion for a “physical barrier” that he called “just common sense.” Without naming her, Trump responded to the absurd charge from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) that a wall is “immoral.” Democrats voted repeatedly for physical barriers until he was elected president, he noted. If a wall is immoral, Trump asked, “why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes? They don’t build walls because they hate the people on the outside, but because they love the people on the inside.”

The president did not unilaterally declare a national emergency. Instead, he called for compromise and said, “To those who refuse to compromise in the name of border security, I would ask: imagine if it was your child, your husband, or your wife, whose life was so cruelly shattered and totally broken?”

He was, in short, presidential.

Democrats insisted on equal time, which is highly unusual for presidential addresses other than the State of the Union. It was a mistake. In contrast to Trump, Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.) came across as small and intransigent.

While Trump spoke calmly and rationally from behind the Resolute Desk, the Democratic leaders accused him of “pounding the table” and having a “temper tantrum.” While Trump told human stories, they complained about process. They accused him of arguing that the women and children at the border were “a security threat” when he had just explained to the American people that they were victims, too. They charged him with using the “backdrop of the Oval Office to manufacture a crisis, stoke fear and divert attention from the turmoil in his administration.” They were partisan and petty, while Trump came across as reasonable and even compassionate.

To normal Americans watching in the heartland, and who are not steeped in Trump hatred, the president must have seemed like the adult in the room.

And, most important, Pelosi and Schumer failed to use the one word that millions of Americans were longing to hear — compromise. But Trump did. That is why the president won the night. Schumer and Pelosi appealed to their base, while Trump made an effective appeal to persuadable Americans.

Until now, Trump has owned the 18-day government shutdown that prompted this address, because he’s the one who started it. But if Democrats continue to attack him, and won’t entertain any compromise, soon the shutdown will be all theirs — because they’re the ones who have refused to end it.

In contrast to Trump, Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.) came across as small and intransigent.

BOOM!

I concur, I watched it live and they were so out of place it was almost cringe worthy.

I can't stand those two. What scares me more is the fact we have so called "Americans" that vote for them.

Who The **** but these two *******s have the brass balls to rebut a Presidential Address to the Nation... !!?

Their Trump Derangement is so infused into their very being that they couldn't even look Trump in the eye when they visited the White House a few weeks ago. Which also showed how "transparent" they wanted to be with the dialogue.

They voted for a Border Security Barrier...called a "Wall"...back in 2006. Hillary Clinton did too !!

They are on record speaking to that fact...and there are video clips to prove it.

Obama...Clinton...Schumer...Pelosi...are all on record saying it's the sovereign right of every nation to have secure borders...to know who comes in to that nation, and why...

This political BS is all about them denying Trump's Agenda...in order for them to claim they stopped HIM from a Win...Pure Politics

And they are willing to **** Our Nation in order to do it...!!!

PERIOD

/rant

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after watching the press coverage of the aftermath of the meeting that took place today, those two knobs just played right into his hands.
Don't think for a minute that video wasn't rolling in the situation-room when Miss 'Full-of-Herself' answered NO! to his loaded question.

She just handed him the 'national emergency' proof he needs to invoke the emergency powers act... a crisis with no other solution.
They forget that he has some of the most brilliant minds behind him. That's why he made the national address yesterday. It was a setup.
They behaved predictably, handing him a permission slip on a silver platter:lol:.

I can't wait to see their expressions when they realize they got played like...
violin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess Trump said the meeting was a waste of time.

Well, yeah, dealing with Schumer and Pelosi, I can see why!!

I see him as going through these steps to set them up as you say, so when he does declare a state of emergency they can't come back around and say they were shut out of negotiations.

Well played Mr President!

They voted for a Border Security Barrier...called a "Wall"...back in 2006. Hillary Clinton did too !!
They are on record speaking to that fact...and there are video clips to prove it.
Obama...Clinton...Schumer...Pelosi...are all on record saying it's the sovereign right of every nation to have secure borders...to know who comes in to that nation, and why...
And you can bet that those clips will be aired when he makes his case to America when he invokes emergency powers.
I see him as going through these steps to set them up as you say, so when he does declare a state of emergency they can't come back around and say they were shut out of negotiations.
Well played Mr President!
As much as I am a stalwart supporter of the poor, the hungry, the downtrodden, and disenfranchised citizens of this country, there is little you can do to prevent intelligent people from taking advantage of some people's stupidity.
Not once did it dawn on these idiot people that Trump formally addressed the American people for the first time last night, and why?
Not once did they think when he invited them to the "Situation Room" today (where military war plans are commonly discussed) that the **** might be REAL now?
Congressmen have a job to do. Keeping the country running and secure should be #1.
Spending 2 years investigating that the Russians hacked the DNC mail server because the DNC chairman's password was, PASSWORD:bang Head: is not.

They do make a cute couple...:lol:
AE320808-95-CD-4323-B060-C31-BB4-A3-A9-A8.png

I LMAO at this one!

upload_2019-1-10_12-24-11.jpeg

Glad I have a strong stomach... :vomit:

Nancy always looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

Chuck...well, Count Chocula's got a lazy eye from keepin' those specs at the end of his nose all the time.

:stir pot:

Senate Democrats have enough Republican support to terminate Trump’s national emergency.
Any republicans that vote with the left on this, will do so at their own peril:eatagun:.

Fuckin' RHINO's...:mad:

I knew when Ryan and McConnell kept telling Trump to wait, it was because they were not with him on funding the wall.

Too much lobbyist $$$$ to be had by keeping the status quo...

Presidents come and go...4 or 8 years...half them SOB's have been there for decades...

Both parties only crave power and wealth...and don't give a damn about us.

I can't stand any of 'em any more... :wait:

/rant

Well, illegal immigration as well as refugee relocation is BIG business in this country. I suspect the refusal from Dems to cooperate along with past administrations not getting it done is for that reason.

Look at some of the names in this article that fight for refugee resettlement. One name in particular should jump out at ya.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/local-tv-reporter-exposes-big-business-role-refugee-resettlement

More big business is illegal immigrants.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/us/prisons-immigration-detention.html

It's all about the money folks!

Latest posts

Back