Project Farm on Youtube is a better option than the old Consumer Reports.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INresponse

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
For the most part I surf various videos on YouTube instead of watching normal TV. A month or so ago I came across the Project Farm channel and Todd seems to be a very intelligent and well spoken guy and he explains every test and many times takes his tests to the extreme to if or when project failure will occur. I do not know him, I do got get anything at all from him except knowledge from watching his videos. I wanted to share this as a good source for information because if we want to stock any supplies, or if we need anything now or in the near future it is helpful to know what will work and what is junk. For instance, the past several years I have preferred Gorilla tape for use in the yard but on occasion I had to settle for other brands, some of which I noticed were low quality as soon as I started taping something down. I have a link below of his testing of duct tape I watched this morning and my own experience confirms the results of his testing. As with any testing or comparison source/show there are times where I think he could have done an additional test or did something different but for the most part his testing is better than reading reviews on Amazon or any other website that sells stuff.

Here is his description of his channel:
I test all sorts of things, from tools to automotive products, to help viewers make informed purchasing decisions and to avoid getting ripped off. Also, I have awesome Patreon supporters, which allows me to decline all sponsorships and promotional items from manufacturers and to offer the most unbiased reviews you'll find anywhere. Please watch a couple of videos and consider subscribing.

He has done extensive testing and side by side comparisons of many different motor oils, oil additives, fuel additives, power tools, hand tools, and many other items. If you are interested in something specific type a word or two in the search bar on his youtube page and there may be a video.

Here is a test he did on various brands of duct tape.

Wiper blades, setting one of each outside in the sun for a full year and keeping the other in the package and then testing all of the various brands.

Here is his page on what he determined to be the best brand of many different products he tested over the years.
https://project-farm.com/pages/project-farm-favorites
If you want him to test something he asks for emails explaining what and how you want it tested.

If you find a video of his, or any other source, that you think will be helpful please share a link.

The guy is obviously very intelligent. Like I said before there are some times when he could have taken his experiment a step further but with like anything when you are the one doing something sometimes you can't see things from another perspective.

Latest posts

Back