Project ideas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned to sew on a machine similar to the Singer, another foot pedal industrial. I really like them. You have some limitations in speed, but speed can be a double edged sword. I had to reduce the speed of my current machine, using different pulleys. If you accidently pressed the pedal to the floor, it would suck material through so fast it would rip it out of your hands.

The treadle machine is a nice, slow rhythm.

my grandma thought me to sew with the old singer,I've always enjoyed to do things,still do.
maybe I have someday enough money to actually get me an industrial,but until that I make do with what I have.

placed a bid for a foot-crank singer,if all goes well it will cost me 19 euros ,a phone call to my brother for transport help and a cup of coffee for him.

Nice. If you have any problems, feel free to ask. I started sewing with the old singer's, I have taken them apart and put them back together (the first try wasn't too successful lol).

I'm having thread issues this morning. Bonded Nylon T69, but the thread seems to be poorly bonded, and I keep getting broken strands. It is definitely the thread, but I have no choice, its the only spool I have in the color (and its a brand new one pound spool).

Taking a break to smoke and regroup.

have had the pleasure of useing that type before,but never had the possibility to get one at a reasonable price.
any problems,I come back to you. :)

always good to regroup,there are major differences in those threads sometimes you get quite okay quite cheep,sometimes you get...well,not so nice..

Its all made in USA Milspec from a wholesale supplier here in the USA. Out of maybe 20 spools, this is the only one I have had problems with. The red I didn't get to sew with, the dog got it while I was out one time.

I ended up lubricating the thread with some olive oil (I don't use petroleum based to lube thread) and got it done.

Time to make the bag for the water side of the dog harness.

Latest posts

Back