Put 10,000 Horsepower In A Small Boat and This Is What Happens

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oct 7, 2015

Massive Rooster Tail and Drag Boat Launch

Drag boat launches and makes 200 foot rooster tail as it speeds down lake.

When those boats are running on a plane only one blade is in the water. The other blade is throwing water into the air.
The prop speeds are well over the 14000 rpm range.

When those boats are running on a plane only one blade is in the water. The other blade is throwing water into the air.
The prop speeds are well over the 14000 rpm range.

Their amazing to me. Power. :oops:

Jul 1, 2015

8000hp Dragboats in San Angelo,Texas "Raw Sound"

Nov 13, 2014

GoPro: Fastest Hydroplane on Earth

After over a 100 years of evolution in race boat design, the modern Unlimited Hydroplane is the worlds fastest race boat, capable of speeds over 200mph and powered by a 3000 horsepower Lycorning T-55 L-7 military Chinook helicopter turbine engine. Welcome to H1 Unlimited.

May 25, 2016

Top 5 crashes of the last two seasons.

Apr 2, 2014

Drag boat Crash compilation.

Aug 15, 2009

250 mph Drag boat "Nitro Chicken" TFH

Tapped at Lakefest in Marble Falls Texas More about Lakefest at

May 7, 2013

Take it to the lake- "Problem Child" Top Fuel Hydro.

Take a look behind the scenes of what its like to pilot the world's fastest and quickest Top Fuel Hydro Drag Boat. The Eddie Knox Racing/Red Line Oil "Problem Child" does zero to 235 miles per hour in 2.5 seconds, makes 8,000 horsepower and pulls more G's than the space shuttle.

Aug 16, 2011

261 mph Drag Boat "Problem Child" "Lucas Oil Racing"

Problem Child in Marble Falls Texas at Lakefest 2011 Drag-boat races put on by Lucas Oil. More about them at.

Aug 26, 2018

Bluebifd; The Afterlife.

Speed machine Bluebird K7 "died" more than fifty years ago. She and her pilot Donald Campbell were supposed to rest forever in darkness on the bed of a lake in Cumbria's Lake District. But Bluebird rose from the dead. Thanks to an audacious plan to find, raise and rebuild her she thrilled locals and tourists on the Isle of Bute in Scotland where she has been relaunched.

Sep 7, 2019

Bluebird K7 - Donald Campbell's Jet Hydroplane.

A short history of Donald Campbell's jet-powered hydroplane Bluebird K7, in which he broke the World Water Speed Record several times before his fatal accident in the same craft in 1967. *** This is an updated edit of my video "Bluebird K7 - A Short History" ***

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2011

Drag Boat catches on fire in race "Lucas Oil Racing.

Tapped at Lakefest in Marble Falls Texas

Racing Speed Boat With A 10,000 HP Engine

Last edited:
Great bunch of articles, Mr. Meer. I really enjoyed it. I don't live that far from Lake Guntersville...I should have gone.

Great bunch of articles, Mr. Meer. I really enjoyed it. I don't live that far from Lake Guntersville...I should have gone.

You welcome, Fundy. Yeah, you should've went, being so close. I enjoy this type of stuff too. 👍

Nov 10, 2018

Put 10,000 Horsepower in Small Boat and This is What Happens.

The quickest accelerating boats on the planet. Top Fuel Drag Boats accelerate from 0 - 270 miles per hour (430 kilometres per hour) in just 3.5 seconds. They use a supercharged V8 engine running on nitro-methane fuel and produce 10,000 horsepower. The amazing photo of the red boat, Toxic Rocket, in the thumbnail was taken by Mark Sharley

Spirit Of Australia ll Speed Trials May 2019.

SPIRIT OF AUSTRALIA II Unlimited world water speed record challenge Speed trials 11/12 May 2019 Blowering Dam NSW Pilot - David Warby

Nov 8, 2020

Spirit Of Australia ll Speed Trials.

https://youtu.be/LVpdh3EvyYU
SPIRIT OF AUSTRALIA II Unlimited world water speed record challenge Speed trials - this video Saturday 7th November 2020 Blowering Dam.

Apr 13, 2021

The Two fastest Donzi's in South Florida battling head to head!

Here is a cool clip from last November key west poker run. The black Donzi is powered by twin 1075s The Blue Donzi is powered by twin 825s.

85 mph is fast enough for me - on land. On the water, I like to relax. I'll take a pontoon boat with an icebox full of cold drinks, a stereo, a propane grill, and soft comfy seats. Then I will sit, have a cold one, and catch a fish while listening to some classic rock, and grill a burger. I might even toss out the anchor, lay down, and take a nap...😉

I still like to watch them zipping across the water sometimes, As far as doing it myself anymore Have to agree with Fuddy and Spike on moving a little slower. But still feel like winds-of-change, when I see them running, and hear the roar of their engines, I say wow too.😲

Jun 26, 2017

TOP 5 Big engines in small Boats [inboard open boat]

Here is a TOP 5 video of very big and powerful engines in some quite little speedboats. The boats reach an enourmous speed and are very very loud!

Jul 25, 2019

U.S. Coast Guard Stops Go- Cocaine Boat.

Crew-members from the Coast Guard Cutter Steadfast (WMEC-623) interdict a go-fast vessel in international waters in the eastern Pacific Ocean on July 18, 2019. The crew-members apprehended the suspected smugglers and seized approximately 2,300 pounds of cocaine from the vessel. Film Credits: U.S. Customs and Border Protection Video by Petty Officer 1st Class Patrick Kelley, U.S. Coast Guard District 11 PADET San Diego.

Apr 25, 2017

Insane 2700 HP 40' Skater Running at Full Speed in Lake Havasu.

The 2008 40' "Savage" Skater hits the waters of Lake Havasu! This one of a kind cat has customization's from the ground up. The boat is currently rigged with twin supercharged Sterling 1350's producing over 2700hp! Mercury Racing #6 drives with Herring 37p props. This hull is capable of speeds in excess of 200mph.

You could see a glimpse of my havasu house in the background. They have the big boats come in once a year, the last time was May 3rd of this year.

Isn't that a coincidence, had no idea , but thought of you when I was putting it up, because of Lakes name.:)

2019 Desert Storm Poker Run - Lake Havasu

Previously unseen footage from the 2019 Desert Storm Poker Run in Lake Havasu as I strapped a few GoPro's to the chopper while I shot it for RiverDavesPlace.com. With this year's Desert Storm Poker Run and Shootout postponed until fall, I thought I would edit something up to hold us all over until September. Hope to see everyone at the street party!

Latest posts

Back