Question for a tech head.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I seem to suddenly be awash in rechargeable tactical lights. can a solar cell phone charger be used to charge them?

Looks like it! I have adapters and cords all over. any idea how long it takes? it'll save me a fortune in batteries and down time on lights and my radio when I go off grid again.

Nice price too! do they make anything bigger like laptop sized? or bigger?

Last edited:
Looks like it! I have adapters and cords all over. any idea how long it takes? it'll save me a fortune in batteries and down time on lights and my radio when I go off grid again.

Nice price too! do they make anything bigger like laptop sized? or bigger?
No, I have no idea how long it would take for the internal battery to charge or for it to charge your phone. Probably only a few hours in direct sunlight.

There are MUCH bigger solutions available. How much would you like to pay? A stackable 1600 watt-hour solution with solar panels will set you back around $2500 but it can power key items in your home (freezers, furnace blower, lights). You can pay a lot more to get a lot more, of course.

For a solution in between, poke around on Amazon and look at the reviews. Maybe others here have personal experience.

I'm needing some panels to run the basic systems on my Winnebago, I wish I had kept the panels I was renting since covid killed the place, but I knew they guy who owned it and I try to do the right thing.

Latest posts

Back