Quick poll for people in the South east!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where can I buy the cheapest canned goods?

• Kroger.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Lots.

• Save A Lot.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Where can I get the biggest bang for my buck? I'll be reading this before I head out in the morning.

Good to know! If I'm forced to go that route I'll wipe the ends with peanut oil.

Yikes. screw Walmart. this stuff will hopefully be stored 3-5 years before being eaten. I noticed some rust spots on stuff when I re arranged everything the other night, yup, sure enough. most of it is Wally world!

I agree on the Walmart canned veggies, stay away. The cans are crap, IMO, and the the contents not much better. We bought a few flats and after trying them decided to eat them up, we are just about out of them now. It will cost me an extra dollar to get them at our regular store @ 4 flats.

Food Lion departed the market at least 5 years ago in NE Florida/SE Georgia.

My damn card is a dud it seems. ever time I use it, it crashes the network!

The nearest Kroger store is 40 miles away.
BUT, Kroger has a booming delivery business in our area, based out of a central warehouse in Jacksonville, Florida.
You order and pay online. Anything a regular Kroger offers - paper goods, produce, fresh or frozen meat, fresh or canned vegetables. Anything. Picked to fill your order.
It is delivered the next day. We are way out in the country, on a dirt road, and the trucks run out here starting at 7:00 AM and will run until 10:00 PM if necessary.
It sure beats driving into town.

Latest posts

Back