Quick! Start counting...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$0.00

I normally have a quarter ($0.25) on my desk that I use to remove battery caps on some of my optics, but it seems to be hiding right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
$58 right pocket money and $100 left pocket money

Edit: Down to $46, I went out for lunch

25 in my wallet and that's without looking. :D

25 in my wallet and that's without looking. :D
On me:
$33.95 (one cent is a 1952 wheat-penny that I can't spend, so $33.94)

In safe:
$900 emergency money.
$410 play money.

$52.87

Tom, Lint is only considered a tradeable commodity In Tennessee. Next time I head out your way, I will give you a few ounces from my belly button.
When you have a mayor like we had, you're happy to have pocket lint left.

$250 in my wallet. I call it "bail money".
The throttle on my motorcycle sticks at WFO (Wide Full Open) every once in a while. Lucky for me that only happens on little traveled back roads. :devil:
Sometimes I get to visit with a nice officer on the side of the road. Probably never gonna need the bail money, but just in case.... $$$
I did a twelve step program in an effort to cure the throttle problem... Then I started coming home with 1st place trophies so :confused;

Walking around money, $42 in a money clip.

$250 in my wallet. I call it "bail money".
The throttle on my motorcycle sticks at WFO (Wide Full Open) every once in a while. Lucky for me that only happens on little traveled back roads. :devil:
Sometimes I get to visit with a nice officer on the side of the road. Probably never gonna need the bail money, but just in case.... $$$
I did a twelve step program in an effort to cure the throttle problem... Then I started coming home with 1st place trophies so :confused;

Walking around money, $42 in a money clip.
It's technically called WOT (wide open throttle) syndrome.
I had it bad for decades.
It does eventually subside, but it takes a long time.
I have heard of people that underwent radical "Prius" therapy.
The damage to the brain was so extensive that it is no longer recommended (like lobotomies:rolleyes:).
I will be saying goodbye to my partner in crime soon, 'Black Betty'. 1988 Trans Am with 350hp engine.
Or as the local gendarme refers to it: "that damn Black Car we can't catch":D.
120+ MPH, no tag, no insurance, no mufflers, can summon your best driving skills.
nod.gif

I'll always have the memories of our fun times together though, [sniff:cry:]...

I drove something similar in Louisville. KY in 1963 (but not for long). I had just finished installing a Cadillac V8 motor in a 1955 Studebaker coupe. My driveway opened onto a ramp leading up to the expressway. With no tags, no mufflers, no insurance, no hood, and no interior except a driver's seat (including no mirrors). As soon as I fired up the car, I hit the ramp. After a few miles of warm up, I opened it up. I went about 10 miles and then had to slow for an accident ahead. However, it turned out to be a roadblock and I was arrested. The Studebaker was impounded. They said they had been chasing me for miles, but could not catch up.
:cop:
I never saw them. I was lucky as my landlord was the local judge. He traded my half dozen traffic tickets for me to spend 8 hours in jail and no record kept. I never got that Studebaker back and after having potato soup for lunch in jail, I never have had potato soup since and have not been in jail (as a prisoner) since either.

Ah, memories .... :great:

PS: On topic -
I now have $119 on me. It is mostly for Lotto for the month ($20 a week). When I posted $0.00 earlier, I was not dressed and I thought it was topic required to be in immediate possession of the funds being counted.

. I had just finished installing a Cadillac V8 motor in a 1955 Studebaker coupe. My driveway opened onto a ramp leading up to the expressway. With no tags, no mufflers, no insurance, no hood, and no interior except a driver's seat (including no mirrors)... They said they had been chasing me for miles, but could not catch up.
... I never got that Studebaker back and after having potato soup for lunch in jail, I never have had potato soup since
Isn't it strange how they could just steal stuff from people back then?
For cops it was like having a deer head mounted.
I think our local guys know our little 'adventurers' are for amusement only.
They sure don't chase like the ones from the 70's. Those guys could really 'bring the heat':eek:.

p.s. I bet that was the fastest Studebaker in the country... for a little while:D.
Edit: On topic, still have the $33.94 on me.

It's technically called WOT (wide open throttle) syndrome.
I had it bad for decades.
I have heard of people that underwent radical "Prius" therapy.
The damage to the brain was so extensive that it is no longer recommended (like lobotomies:rolleyes:).
I will be saying goodbye to my partner in crime soon, 'Black Betty'. 1988 Trans Am with 350hp engine.
Or as the local gendarme refers to it: "that damn Black Car we can't catch":D.
120+ MPH, no tag, no insurance, no mufflers, can summon your best driving skills.View attachment 5956
I'll always have the memories of our fun times together though, [sniff:cry:]...

NO !....... technically it's called WFO (wide f open) syndrome, and the F don't stand for FULL !.....................:lol::lol::lol:

Well, I turned 60 this year and I still have an itchy trigger foot. Part throttle BO on the 4th of July. :cool:

Hey Folk,

I got a RAISE!! Yes Sir!

I now make $20/week..................................less than the Red Head SPENDS!! LOL

Later, Mark

Latest posts

Back