R. Lee Ermey RIP

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Internet Constable
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
With great sadness, I was just advised R. Lee passed away today. He was the best of the best!

R. Lee Ermey - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Lee_Ermey
Ronald Lee Ermey (March 24, 1944 - April 15, 2018) was an American actor and voice actor. Ermey is known for playing Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket, which earned him a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor. He is a former United States Marine Corps staff sergeant and an honorary ...
Years of service‎: ‎1961–1972
Awards‎: ‎Meritorious Unit Commendation‎; ‎Rep...
Service/branch‎: ‎United States Marine Corps
Battles/wars‎: ‎Vietnam War

Another good one gone! Sorry to see him pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
My youngest daughter and I was watching Full Metal Jacket on the 12 of April.. She joined the Army Reserve and will be leaving for Basic Training.

Wow, I had not heard this. No news watching last night, and this was my first stop online this morning.

@686 good luck to your daughter.

Semper Fi Gunny.

The only action figure I ever thought about buying.

Cool dude.jpg

He was the prototypical D.I. and reminded me of mine during basic at Ft Jackson.
Never will I forget SSG Anderson (Ando)

I really liked his History Channel shows, Locked&Loaded and Mail Call.
For the last 6 years I have stood before a crowd and done my best impression of him at our yearly Zombie Hunt.
The 'Drill Sergeant speech' besides being entertaining is chocked full of hints about the course.
He will live on for decades.
View attachment 6533

RIP Gunny.

Back