Raising Competent Kids in an Incompetent World

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met a man last week who really wanted to try moringa but couldn't stand the taste. I told him I put in capsules and take it that way. He said he simply will not take pills. He tells all his Drs that his meds have to be liquid because he will NOT take a shot either.
There are a lot of meds that can't be taken orally. Have to be injected. One of the folks I visit has Parkinson's. He has a tube connected (I think) to his duodenum from a 'port' below his solar plexus, for piping in meds that his stomach would degrade.

Good idea. They already think I'm nuts, but they put up with me. I gave my daughters a recipe box for Christmas one year and wrote out all of their favorite recipes on cards and put them in their box. It took awhile, but they loved it. It'll be a challenge getting our younger (8) granddaughter full time. She says there is no God and people were made from stardust. She is extremely pc coming from California. Doesn't do anything for herself. It'll take time.
Um, how does she think the stardust-to-people conversion was done, and by what accident?

Not sure, she's 8. But she is very serious about there not being a God and never to shop at Walmart because they hate their employees. Also, don't use any word with man. Like freshman (her sister is a freshgirl, she says), and like manhole. Changing either of those words do not sound very polite, really.
And there's 86 genders.

Not sure, she's 8. But she is very serious about there not being a God and never to shop at Walmart because they hate their employees. Also, don't use any word with man. Like freshman (her sister is a freshgirl, she says), and like manhole. Changing either of those words do not sound very polite, really.
And there's 86 genders.

Oh my.

I hope she is not permanently damaged. BTW, at least a few of those genders are of the man genus, if not the species. I think there are more than one gender species under the gay genus, the "old standard" version of which is a man.
[My use of genus and species here is not SOP, just trying to make something comprehensible out of the situation..]

She has been California-ized, but the twins were feral at age 9, and they're decent now, so there's hope, as she's only 8. What's funny is that the twins are going to work on little sis with some of this. They were shocked.
She is so anti God, that I told them to start with showing by example. For instance, maybe discussing an argument with a friend, and then saying that you would pray for them, or praying for someone sick or hurting. If she looks up to her 1/2 siblings, which she does at the moment, maybe a new way of thinking will sink in.

We’ve got 2 girls and 1 boy. In that order, 29, 28, and 25. For each of them their first real job was an internship while at college. Up until then their jobs were to do what we told them to do, when we told them to do it. They always had money in their pockets when they walked out the door.
Today my girls are a Nurse Practitioner, and a Lawyer respectively, and my boy just graduated with his PhD in Computer Science a couple months ago.
Yes they’re all smart like their mother, and I’m broke. But hey, God is good! My kids all started life debt free, and I’m stuck in the house because my proud head doesn’t fit through the front door...

There are a lot of meds that can't be taken orally. Have to be injected. One of the folks I visit has Parkinson's. He has a tube connected (I think) to his duodenum from a 'port' below his solar plexus, for piping in meds that his stomach would degrade.

There's a difference between "can't" and "won't".

Latest posts

Back