Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rant:
We the people are being Pavlov-ed into being helpless, I'm not talking about some poor guy like me who got himself disabled,
I'm talking about educated, otherwise healthy people who are being trained to accept a handout at the drop of a hat, even each
other's hat! What's happening to us as a nation when we can't even deal with normal, everyday annoyances without being traumatized,
triggered, or offended? why are we being trained to accept every deviancy that presents itself and to attack those who do not?
And now they want us to eat feces and insects as a daily course of events?! Whats next? cannibalism? A "Mc grandma" burger? Baby
back ribs from human babies? come on guys, wake up! we're being regressed to a feral state here and nobody is seeing it! the majority
of office staff already spend nine hours a day in a cattle run like environment, our food makes us fat as hogs, so who or what are we being
fattened up for? are the owners of this planet finally coming to take possession? are we the "Welcome to the neighborhood" brunch?
Stuff I think about when I forget my pills.

That's a bummer, Magus. I won't eat bugs, babies, or grandmas. We'll raise our own food.
Surprised today to see signs all over the medical offices today for husband's doc appt, that said they were all out of Covid quick tests. No covid tests can be done there.
I thought the quick tests were a bunch of bologne anyway

I'll be a vegetarian before I eat a bunch of yucky stuff. I am not a particularly picky eater, but there is stuff I won't eat.

Tonight I learned that a woman from my hometown has died from COVID. She has been in the hospital, intubated and sedated for over a month. Her brothers have been keeping us updated. She seemed to be doing better, and then went downhill. We went to the same high school but she was a couple years younger than me and a beauty queen. She grew up on a ranch, where her parents raised cattle and had horses. She married a man from Nebraska and they owned a ranch, 45 miles from the nearest town. She lost her husband in 2018 and her only daughter last September. I've been wondering who has been taking care of her ranch since she has been in the hospital, and what is going to happen to the ranch. Husband had a few children from his first marriage, so it will probably be sold and money divided amongst them.

Rant:
We the people are being Pavlov-ed into being helpless, I'm not talking about some poor guy like me who got himself disabled,
I'm talking about educated, otherwise healthy people who are being trained to accept a handout at the drop of a hat, even each
other's hat! What's happening to us as a nation when we can't even deal with normal, everyday annoyances without being traumatized,
triggered, or offended? why are we being trained to accept every deviancy that presents itself and to attack those who do not?
And now they want us to eat feces and insects as a daily course of events?! Whats next? cannibalism? A "Mc grandma" burger? Baby
back ribs from human babies? come on guys, wake up! we're being regressed to a feral state here and nobody is seeing it! the majority
of office staff already spend nine hours a day in a cattle run like environment, our food makes us fat as hogs, so who or what are we being
fattened up for? are the owners of this planet finally coming to take possession? are we the "Welcome to the neighborhood" brunch?
Stuff I think about when I forget my pills.

@Magus , worst part, you know , and I know this country has sunk to a septic tank , and my patriotic friends and I ,have had many conversations lately about this crap..... we've determined that there's nothing we can do about it....the country demise has reached the point of no return.

I fought for this country in 1967, was proud of my country .

I WOULD NOT do it again , even though,
we're still the best sh!t hole on the planet.

There's too many zombies .

Jim

440ft on the first hole, 1/2 gal per min. 300 on the second, 1 1/2 gal per min. That's about normal for that side of the mountian.
Wow, that's low flow. Our neighbor drilled his well, they hit 5 gallons a minute at about 50 feet, he told them to keep drilling. At 280 they hit 30 GPM. Guess we don't know how well we have it.

@Magus , worst part, you know , and I know this country has sunk to a septic tank , and my patriotic friends and I ,have had many conversations lately about this crap..... we've determined that there's nothing we can do about it....the country demise has reached the point of no return.

I fought for this country in 1967, was proud of my country .

Jim
Yeah bro, I know. but it don't mean I have to like it or be quiet about it. at our age the right
to b1tch, moan and raise hell is all we have left, and we're losing that!

While I appreciate all that many have given for our country, I have seen the downward spiral, and honestly, feel like there is such a waste of young men's lives for wars where no one wins. I was fairly young when I knew young men who went to Vietnam, and some who never came back. For what? And then the Middle East and Afghanistan. For what? We did take out a couple of bad guys, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden, but at what sacrifice? And for what purpose?

So, I looked at the meds I'm taking and realized one of them has nothing to do with bronchitis and I have no idea why it was prescribed. Thus far it made me feel dizzy, nauseous, stomach ache, the runs, etc. I don't think my doctor would have prescribed it, but I was sent to the NP. No altoids around and I'm not supposed to take any antacids within 3 hours of the meds. Gonna call my doctor and ask if I should continue taking it bc it has me feeling awful.

So, I looked at the meds I'm taking and realized one of them has nothing to do with bronchitis and I have no idea why it was prescribed. Thus far it made me feel dizzy, nauseous, stomach ache, the runs, etc. I don't think my doctor would have prescribed it, but I was sent to the NP. No altoids around and I'm not supposed to take any antacids within 3 hours of the meds. Gonna call my doctor and ask if I should continue taking it bc it has me feeling awful.
Mint oil isn't exactly an antacid, it just numbs your raw insides. :)
Mint tea got me through my perforated stomach and subsequent nausea,
it was then I discovered it helped my breathing issues immensely!

Wow, that's low flow. Our neighbor drilled his well, they hit 5 gallons a minute at about 50 feet, he told them to keep drilling. At 280 they hit 30 GPM. Guess we don't know how well we have it.

The guy that owns the land next to our cow pasture has tried 3 times and never hit water. The old guy a 1/2 mile further up the mountain the other direction didn't hit water until they got to 480ft.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think they may actually sell some tea with peppermint. I'm going to see if my brother will make some Macha (sp?). He makes it with ginger and honey and that seems to help. I'm feeling a bit better but stomach is queasy. I can breathe more easily though. I took another friend's advice and put my face over a pot full of hot water to get some steam breathed in.
Thunderstorm going on right now and it's making me sleepy. For some reason I find them soothing rather than upsetting.

The donkey told the tiger, "The grass is blue."

The tiger replied, "No, the grass is green ."

The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.

As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"

The lion replied: "If you believe it is true, the grass is blue."

The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."

The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 3 days of silence."

The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."

The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"

The lion replied, ′′You've known and seen the grass is green."

The tiger asked, ′′So why do you punish me?"

The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"

The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.

I've always read that ginger is great for your digestive system.
Ah yes, digestion, not perforated ulcer. My bad. :p

I kind of miss ginger BBQ sauce.

Ginger has always helped me to not feel queasy. Before my favorite Thai restaurant shut down (owner had a brain tumor and stroke) the owner would put ginger in stuff for me when I was feeling sick. She would always make something that wasn't on the menu for me. I'd known her since I was a kid when she was a waitress. My father helped her with paperwork to bring her family members over from Thailand legally. Sad thing is, once the kids got here, they hated it and wanted to go back. Other kids were calling them "chinks" and telling them to "go back to China" and being hateful ignorant idiots. We lost touch after the restaurant closed so I don't know how any of them are doing or if they are still alive.

I started having an allergic reaction after taking the antibiotics yesterday. Face developed a rash and started itching. Scalp, arms, and legs started itching. I still have some itching on my arms and scalp, but I took allergy meds. I've called my doctor and left a message. Waiting for a callback about the situation on whether I should switch to something else. I told a doctor friend the medicine combo and she said it's supposed to treat Covid-- not bronchitis- and that it's experimental and that it sounds like np was participating in a study but that I should have been informed if that was the case. Alternative if she mixed me up with a patient who has Covid. But my doctor friend said from all her research, the combo has not yet proven to be effective. So it makes zero sense for it to have been prescribed to me. I'm not going back to this np.

Latest posts

Back