Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMGosh, I can only imagine. Rabbit doesn't know how lucky all his feet really are.
Lets not tell him,he is still not over finding out he was adopted.
Rabbit, rat, mouse . . . the latter two species are at least bred for their fate, over many generations. Rabbits, not so much.

I know that this rant is way late, but it really annoyed me that everyone was/is preaching Social Distancing, but they cut back store hours to allow for "Cleaning". Cutting back store hours forces everyone to come in at the same time.... Hello! Social Distancing does not mean to push everyone into the same elevator car.... If you want social distancing have stores stay open longer (24 hours) and give discounts at the really odd hours (03:00-05:00) to get shoppers to spread out and Social Distance....

There... got if off my chest

Agree with that, Urban. Not much has changed where I'm at now, and am going to Walmart today to bring cousins shopping. But New Mex has cut their store hours and number of people that can go in. So if the hours are less, and they are allowing 75 in the Sams Club instead of 400, then it seems to me the lines outside will get longer. If you order on line for store pickup there, you have to wait in line and go in to a particular register to get your store pickup, so that doesn't help anything either. And the weekend before this last Monday lockdown, some people there were surprised that everyone was out shopping and shelves were being cleared. Don't know why they'd be surprised. It is interesting to me to sit back and watch how it's going now that I'm no longer living in it. Our adult kids that live there don't really care at all. They go to drive through takeout twice a day to eat normally, don't stock food, don't normally cook, and don't really care. So, I'm done worrying about them regarding food.

Had a 600 mile drive home. I prefer NOT to drive after dark. Ask the wife when she will be ready for the drive home, she doesn't know. I remind her we will need to leave by 7 AM to get home before dark. "Well we can't leave before she fixes breakfast for the kids and grandkids!" And "We can't leave before she walk the g-kids to school one last time."

Here we are, a ninety minutes from home and I've been driving in the dark for more than an hour. Wife changes her mind and decides she wants to stop for a late supper and Subway is where she wants to eat. We are passing though TinyTown and there is a Subway. I turn at the intersection, pull into the Subway parking lot and park. Start to shut off the engine and open my door when she announces that she wants to hear the ending of the radio show she's been listening to. It will be over in ten minutes and we can wait in the parking lot is her solution. I shut my car door and drive out of the Subway parking lot and head for home!

Twenty minutes later I'm driving though BiggerTown and they have a Subway. I pull in so the wife can have her supper...

Had a 600 mile drive home. I prefer NOT to drive after dark. Ask the wife when she will be ready for the drive home, she doesn't know. I remind her we will need to leave by 7 AM to get home before dark. "Well we can't leave before she fixes breakfast for the kids and grandkids!" And "We can't leave before she walk the g-kids to school one last time."

Here we are, a ninety minutes from home and I've been driving in the dark for more than an hour. Wife changes her mind and decides she wants to stop for a late supper and Subway is where she wants to eat. We are passing though TinyTown and there is a Subway. I turn at the intersection, pull into the Subway parking lot and park. Start to shut off the engine and open my door when she announces that she wants to hear the ending of the radio show she's been listening to. It will be over in ten minutes and we can wait in the parking lot is her solution. I shut my car door and drive out of the Subway parking lot and head for home!

Twenty minutes later I'm driving though BiggerTown and they have a Subway. I pull in so the wife can have her supper...
I really prefer to leave early in the morning if I have a long drive. Four a.m. is really good for me. It is always anyone else who is going with me who slows me down. Daughter will get in and sleep, so she is usually good, but sometimes has this and that to drop off here and there. Cousin, "I'm on vacation, so I am sleeping in." I should have left her at my house and headed down the road. I can arrive in South Dakota at 2 in the afternoon if I get an early start. Getting in at 8 or 9 at night is not at all my style. I want to arrive in daylight.

Hmm. It appears that the wife hasn't got you completely trained yet. Close though. You must have been a wild one to start with.

I know that this rant is way late, but it really annoyed me that everyone was/is preaching Social Distancing, but they cut back store hours to allow for "Cleaning". Cutting back store hours forces everyone to come in at the same time.... Hello! Social Distancing does not mean to push everyone into the same elevator car.... If you want social distancing have stores stay open longer (24 hours) and give discounts at the really odd hours (03:00-05:00) to get shoppers to spread out and Social Distance....

There... got if off my chest

Just let em try to gt on my elevator,I'll start coughing, throwing up ,etc,etc,etc, and see what happens then.These days all they have to o is take a look at me and know something ain't right.;)

I wish the younger generation could learn basic math.
Stopped at Dollar store to grab a few items.
Finally get to checkout( 6 ft distance) my total was $9.50.
I didn't have a$10, and I don't like carrying a stack of bills in my wallet. So I gave him a $20 and a $1 so that I could get just a$10, and .50 back.

OMG..
I had to explain to him what I just did and what he owed me.
🙄😏
Done.

Jim

I didn't have a$10, and I don't like carrying a stack of bills in my wallet. So I gave him a $20 and a $1 so that I could get just a$10, and .50 back.

OMG..
🙄😏
Done.

Jim
Sorry Jim but if you gave him $21, you should have received $11.50 back (unless your purchase was $10.50)

I used to enjoy walking down to the bottoms in fall, checking the creeks and fences. A crispness in the air, fewer bugs, I really like the solitude, or used to. Normally I can't hear a car or the sound of an engine. These days the solitude is broken by the sounds of helicopters, cops out looking for pot plants each fall.

Around here hunters keep the pot growers to a minimum... but somebody has to burn that federal fuel money... and annoy the crap out of me.

Last edited:

OMG..
🙄😏
Done.

Jim
More than once I have handed back money to clerks who gave me too much money back. When my ex had ALS and needed help with things like this, it was money from his pocket that I was returning. We had to be united in somethings, to teach our daughter honesty, by example.

More than once I have handed back money to clerks who gave me too much money back. When my ex had ALS and needed help with things like this, it was money from his pocket that I was returning. We had to be united in somethings, to teach our daughter honesty, by example.
When I placed my last order of concrete the clerk had trouble applying my veterans discount. He had to find a supervisor to override what the computer wanted to charge. Took more than 20 minutes or more. When I looked at the total I pointed out he had under charged me by more than $100. He looked at me and said...

"After what I just went through, I am not going to fix that!"

Ben

When I placed my last order of concrete the clerk had trouble applying my veterans discount. He had to find a supervisor to override what the computer wanted to charge. Took more than 20 minutes or more. When I looked at the total I pointed out he had under charged me by more than $100. He looked at me and said...

"After what I just went through, I am not going to fix that!"

Ben
Was it the clerk or supervisor? More than likely, it wasn't their money to give away.

Ahem. I was referring to the entire yucca, not just the leaves. Jeez.

The two big surprises for me... the roots contain saponins - soap. It takes a bit of work to get a good lather though... the other, the roots contain a primitive version of steroids, makes a good poultice for a sprained ankle.

Even better some species of yucca grow all the way up to the arctic circle so there is always some about if you look..

Last edited:
Kragle!

I have been sorting legos that I found in contained in garbage bags in a dumpster. All was going well until I got to what may have been a space station.

They put it together with super glue!

Google says give it up. Can't be undone without damaging legos.

Arrrrrggghhhh!

I am tempted to take that model back to the dumpster where I found it and demand my money back.

Good thing it is only one model.

Ben

Kragle!

I have been sorting legos that I found in contained in garbage bags in a dumpster. All was going well until I got to what may have been a space station.

Arrrrrggghhhh!

I am tempted to take that model back to the dumpster where I found it and demand my money back.

Ben
Legos! My daughter had a good sized collection of them. In fact, she still does, at my house. I can understand why someone would superglue something together, especially if you had an ADD child like mine. She would go to visit her dad, and things would get thrown away, although, it was never Legos. Little pieces were too much for her to deal with. And me, too!

Received a Cabela's "Black Friday" sales flyer last Saturday. They have a quality $150 red dot on sale today (Tuesday) and tomorrow (Wednesday) for $100! Should I buy one or two...doesn't matter...log on this morning (Tuesday) at 7:30 AM and they are out of stock with no "rain check".

Kragle!

Arrrrrggghhhh!

Ben
Ben, Take it out side and soak/wash it with fingernail polish remover (Be careful that stuff is wicked flamable). Then wash it with good soapy water (again outside!!!). It may work. It may soften the legos, but it is worth a try...

Urban

Received a Cabela's "Black Friday" sales flyer last Saturday. They have a quality $150 red dot on sale today (Tuesday) and tomorrow (Wednesday) for $100! Should I buy one or two...doesn't matter...log on this morning (Tuesday) at 7:30 AM and they are out of stock with no "rain check".
I was gonna try and get one of those as well.

I often think these are "come on's." When the sale item is out of stock, "come on," buy something else. Black Friday anything bothers me a lot. Stores being open too much for Thanksgiving. People fight to get the cheapest made stuff, such as televisions that only last for a couple years. The crowds! The sales ad list the great buys (of cheaply made stuff!), but they have two of the best sale item, because "come on!" you are there anyway, buy something else. I know that Christmas is the time that stores make their money mostly for the year.

I was gonna try and get one of those as well.
You guys could put on your mask and drive to the stores to see if they had one in stock.
Remember that extra items attached to outlawed firearms does not increase their value when the JBT come to your house to confiscate those firearms. Contact the Office of the President-elect to verify this information.

Latest posts

Back