Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There must be an obsession with Covid...
13 threads up and running since Monday.

I'm so tired of Corona .

Jim

I've been digging into news outlets the last week or so... pickin's are slim to say the least. 85% of the stories I see are covid or biden related, I'm sick of both. I try to find stories that are interesting or funny. I guess these days not much is funny or interesting.

I've been digging into news outlets the last week or so... pickin's are slim to say the least. 85% of the stories I see are covid or biden related, I'm sick of both. I try to find stories that are interesting or funny. I guess these days not much is funny or interesting.

As you know , I've been a bit tied up lately, so haven't been as active as I usually would be.
But, when I log on and I see about 2 out of 3 threads are related to corona... I just log off, and wait to read something that is more interesting.

Whatever...

Jim

Jim, I agree. As you know, I'm helping here and on numerous other family forums, and also frequent non-family forums daily. The talk of covid, or whether to get the vaccination is about all that is posted anymore. You get the jab, and you are a sheep. You don't get the jab, you are a conspiracy theorist. How do we as one human race allow folks to decide for themselves? To me, this is just part of the larger problem that is occurring under our eyes. The true division of American people, propagated by former and current administrations.

"Divide and Conquer" comes to mind.

// RANT OFF //

My mother complains about how she doesn't like to be late, but she is the one who takes for frickin' ever to get ready to leave. I'll be up and ready to go out the door but first she has to brush her hair (which for some reason takes 20 minutes). Then she finds other stuff to do. Then I go to the bathroom because I've been waiting on her and she tells me she's been waiting so long for me (when it took less than 5 min) and that I'm making her late. Or she comes out and doesn't tell me she's ready to go and somehow expects me to know she's ready without telling me. Nothing is ever her fault. It's always someone else's. She also doesn't get that she shows that she doesn't care about others when she refuses to listen to them. She will babble away and insist we watch videos of stuff she likes, but she gets enraged if someone else does the same to her. And if anyone ever tells her "shut up" like she says to other people or "I'm not interested" she also gets enraged.

Cat hit the keyboard and prematurely posted so I'm editing.

My mother complains about how she doesn't like to be late, but she is the one who takes for frickin' ever to get ready to leave. I'll be up and ready to go out the door but first she has to brush her hair (which for some reason takes 20 minutes). Then she finds other stuff to do. Then I go to the bathroom because I've been waiting on her and she tells me she's been waiting so long for me (when it took less than 5 min) and that I'm making her late. Or she comes out and doesn't tell me she's ready to go and somehow expects me to know she's ready without telling me. Nothing is ever her fault. It's always someone else's. She also doesn't get that she shows that she doesn't care about others when she refuses to listen to them. She will babble away and insist we watch videos of stuff she likes, but she gets enraged if someone else does the same to her. And if anyone ever tells her "shut up" like she says to other people or "I'm not interested" she also gets enraged.

Cat hit the keyboard and prematurely posted so I'm editing.
Cats got my phone a while back and called 911! Oops😯😼

There must be an obsession with Covid...
13 threads up and running since Monday.

I'm so tired of Corona .

Jim
Is there a way to block a thread or topic by heading? You showed me how to block a member but didn't know about a thread. I kinda looked, but I'm not that techy.

Pearl, I respect your view, honestly. Problem is, many members are being barraged with nothing but covid stuff on every channel on TV, every paper you read, every news radio you turn on. People are just tired of hearing about it, and may now be a turn off for our viewers. I'm just trying to be understanding to all of our family, and still make our forum unique and exciting for everyone. We here are open to all suggestions, so let us know by posting either in the public forum or by private messaging.

Some folks are always late because a traumatic event happen to them as a child. They believe the event was their fault because they weren’t in control of the situation. Being late is their adult subconscious way of maintaining control.
Do you think this is part of your wife's life? I will totally understand if you do not answer my question, because it is really not my business.

Problem is, many members are being barraged with nothing but covid stuff on every channel on TV, every paper you read, every news radio you turn on. People are just tired of hearing about it

In an effort to find interesting stories I've picked a US city (sometimes 2) every night this week. I then dug through the websites of all the local tv stations and papers for that city. The best I found? The hawaii five0 guy died, Hawaiian hotel and airfares are cheap and a story about an idiot who stole a prosthetic leg and strapped it to his head. Oh, and the anniversary of the death of coal miners I knew.

That was it! There is little in the way of human interest stories out there because no one is reporting it. I timed my local news station last night. Out of a 17 minute broadcast, 12 minutes were rehashed covid stories. Nothing new, I could even predict the next aspect of covid they reported on.

Last night I dug through every website I could access for American Samoa. I didn't even find a fishing report.

I'm out of ideas and open to any suggestions..

Last edited:
I loved those 3 stories you posted! To fit this category, I will rant. Upon hearing of the cheap hotels, I contacted my sister, who lives across the street from Turtle Bay Resort, on the North Shore of Oahu. This is my favorite hotel, but can't swallow their nightly price anymore. I use to pay $400 a night, but now it is $800-$1000 a night. They have no intention of lowering the price because less guests mean less staff they have to pay. I don't understand their logic, but they don't care...take it or leave it.

Pearl, I respect your view, honestly. Problem is, many members are being barraged with nothing but covid stuff on every channel on TV, every paper you read, every news radio you turn on. People are just tired of hearing about it, and may now be a turn off for our viewers. I'm just trying to be understanding to all of our family, and still make our forum unique and exciting for everyone. We here are open to all suggestions, so let us know by posting either in the public forum or by private messaging.
I agree with you, and think it's a great idea to make corona virus discussions a permission only thread. Or at least try to keep it in its thread.

Peanut,
You might want to ditch the TV. I can't even get radio and wouldn't listen to talk shows anyways. I am even having trouble with books, the writing is so bad. I have tried the web as well, but nope, just as you said.

I still have two complete sets of encyclopedias which are a much more interesting read. I have also been going through my son's medical school books.

I agree with you, and think it's a great idea to make corona virus discussions a permission only thread. Or at least try to keep it in its thread.
Won't this be kinda hard to do? I'm not a mod, so ya'll do what you want, but Covid is so pervasive and in every aspect of our lives right now. This too, shall pass. Personally, I'd just let it go. When something more interesting comes up, I'm sure there'll be lots of discussion on it. We're all adults and if we don't want to click on a Covid thread or read a specific persons opinion on the matter, we know how to avoid it. It's pretty simple. Even though I don't have anyone blocked, there's many threads I don't bother to click on. I read what I want and move on......

Won't this be kinda hard to do? I'm not a mod, so ya'll do what you want, but Covid is so pervasive and in every aspect of our lives right now. This too, shall pass. Personally, I'd just let it go. When something more interesting comes up, I'm sure there'll be lots of discussion on it. We're all adults and if we don't want to click on a Covid thread or read a specific persons opinion on the matter, we know how to avoid it. It's pretty simple. Even though I don't have anyone blocked, there's many threads I don't bother to click on. I read what I want and move on......
That is exactly what I was trying to say! I also agree with havasu, it is overwhelming. Covid is affecting so much in our lives right now it would be hard to contain it in one thread!

I solved that problem more than 15 months ago. I turned off the television. I have not had it on an hour total in the last year. No COVID and no politics. And no manufactured news.

My favorite cat went missing and has been gone a few days. I'm worried sick about him. Then one of the cats pissed on my favorite blanket that same night and then pissed on me while I was sleeping last night. My nose is stuffed from allergies so I couldn't smell it. Brother still has the laundry room hallway clogged with his stuff so I can't easily get to the washing machine and dryer easily. Also, when I got home from the car dealership after a checkup I found the cats had pulled my keyboard out from under its cover and puked in it. Now I'm having a hard time with my L and P keys. L is the worst. I have to mash it very hard to get it to work. I love my cats, but I'm having a frustrating week. Dealership didn't actually do the all points inspection. Did not resolve the issue with VSA, emissions, and ABS error messages. But they charged $115 for diagnostics on top of the transmission change. I need to have my friend check to make sure they actually did the transmission flush. But somehow mom is blaming me for the dealership not doing what they were supposed to do. It's the only dealership within 100miles.

To compound it, my phone disappeared. It is not in my pouch, it is not on my desk. I could have sworn I put it on my desk to charge but its just gone and it was off so I can't call it (tried that). I've never lost a phone before. It has pictures I haven't transferred to my computer yet. My back is not cooperating either so I'm having an overall bad day. Just venting a bit here bc I'm tired & frustrated.

My favorite cat went missing and has been gone a few days. I'm worried sick about him. Then one of the cats pissed on my favorite blanket that same night and then pissed on me while I was sleeping last night. My nose is stuffed from allergies so I couldn't smell it. Brother still has the laundry room hallway clogged with his stuff so I can't easily get to the washing machine and dryer easily. Also, when I got home from the car dealership after a checkup I found the cats had pulled my keyboard out from under its cover and puked in it. Now I'm having a hard time with my L and P keys. L is the worst. I have to mash it very hard to get it to work. I love my cats, but I'm having a frustrating week. Dealership didn't actually do the all points inspection. Did not resolve the issue with VSA, emissions, and ABS error messages. But they charged $115 for diagnostics on top of the transmission change. I need to have my friend check to make sure they actually did the transmission flush. But somehow mom is blaming me for the dealership not doing what they were supposed to do. It's the only dealership within 100miles.

To compound it, my phone disappeared. It is not in my pouch, it is not on my desk. I could have sworn I put it on my desk to charge but its just gone and it was off so I can't call it (tried that). I've never lost a phone before. It has pictures I haven't transferred to my computer yet. My back is not cooperating either so I'm having an overall bad day. Just venting a bit here bc I'm tired & frustrated.
Glad you vented💗♥️💗!! Worried about the missing cat, and sorry about everything happening at once☹️😼!

Thanks, Pearl.

No offense taken. If my bad luck can make other people feel lucky then that makes me feel a little better.

I also bit my tongue and one of the cats dug a claw into my big toe while I was sleeping. I know things could be worse. Didn't help that my mother completely lacks empathy. If her keyboard had been puked on by cats she would have been having a major fit. When I vented to her she said "I can't help you!" I didn't want help. I wanted someone to empathize and listen. But she's a narcissist so she is incapable of doing that. I'm feeling better now that the keyboard is working though. But still need to find my phone. If my back & shoulder weren't bad it would be easier to look. But I don't have breathing problems. My brother is having trouble breathing bc he needs a new hose for his nebulizer and yesterday morning he woke up choking on bile from acid reflux.

This is the time of year when I usually get depressed. It gets worse in early October. I've been eating nuts to boost my saratonin production.

Back