Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. Here’s my rant. I have trouble walking but today I walked up and down two blocks at a city plant sale/craft fair. I bought a Hardy hibiscus, some impatiens and some lavender. My Hubby is gone for the whole day. I come home and I want to get these plants in the ground before it rains. I just couldn’t do it. I don’t have enough balance to step on a spade. The ground was rocky. I just couldn’t get any of this planted. I was so frustrated I wanted to cry.

I swear by these, Fiskars Garden Tools :

1715213725195.png

I only have the Top Two Pieces and They are Yellow and Black and the Metal is Black also...!!! I can Pop out Rocks with that shovel and one side of it is serrated so I can even cut thru Tree Roots...!! and That Scraper is outta sight also...! Cuts thru Red Clay very easy... Also use a Knee Pad or maybee a small stool to sit on... ☃️

👻 👻

Denver finds out thumping your chest and squawking "We are a sanctuary city!" is much easier than actually being a sanctuary city once the illegals show up and start making demands. Still, the libtards "want to work with" the illegals. Sheesh!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/denver-migrants-refuse-leave-encampment-send-denver-mayor-list-demands

Further details of the demands read, "Migrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the City instead of premade meals – rice, chicken, flour, oil, butter, tomatoes, onions, etc… Shower access will be available without time limits & can be accessed whenever… Medical professional visits will happen regularly & referrals/connections for specialty care will be made as needed."

The migrants also insisted they get "connection to employment support, including work permit applications for those who qualify," as well as "Consultations for each person/family with a free immigration lawyer."

I never go into Denver any more. It's become a cesspool of druggies, crime, homeless and illegals. Which is not unexpected, given the democrat super majority in the house and senate, along with a dem governor, mayor, police chief... Now it's just another stinking blue city along the lines of Washington D.C., Chicago, New York, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, etc. The dem's can certainly ruin things very quickly once they wrest control of a place. It was not many years ago at all that I would head down to Denver to enjoy dinner before walking over to enjoy the symphony. No way in hell would I try a stupid stunt like that now. I'm closer to 70 than I'd like to admit, but not quite ready to die yet. So best to stay clear of Denver and what the Colorado blue shift has wrought. They probably even have homeless illegal encampments selling Fentanyl to the elephants in the pachyderm paddock at the zoo by now.

Denver finds out thumping your chest and squawking "We are a sanctuary city!" is much easier than actually being a sanctuary city once the illegals show up and start making demands. Still, the libtards "want to work with" the illegals. Sheesh!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/denver-migrants-refuse-leave-encampment-send-denver-mayor-list-demands

I never go into Denver any more. It's become a cesspool of druggies, crime, homeless and illegals. Which is not unexpected, given the democrat super majority in the house and senate, along with a dem governor, mayor, police chief... Now it's just another stinking blue city along the lines of Washington D.C., Chicago, New York, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, etc. The dem's can certainly ruin things very quickly once they wrest control of a place. It was not many years ago at all that I would head down to Denver to enjoy dinner before walking over to enjoy the symphony. No way in hell would I try a stupid stunt like that now. I'm closer to 70 than I'd like to admit, but not quite ready to die yet. So best to stay clear of Denver and what the Colorado blue shift has wrought. They probably even have homeless illegal encampments selling Fentanyl to the elephants in the pachyderm paddock at the zoo by now.
I don't know about all of that. These people seem so entitled.

I was at a funeral last weekend and twin sons, 33 years old, were talking about the camps that were by where one lives in downtown Denver. It seems that this is one encampment that has been tossed, removed now. He talked about how these encampments have tents for dealing drugs and tents for prostitution. Wow! I guess that should not be a surprise, but that was something I hadn't even thought about. You can imagine how dangerous these encampments are. He said that he had to go through the encampment to get into his apartment building, and it was right up to the door. He and others try to shut the door so the homeless can't come in, but sometimes it happens.

The list of demands. Who do you think actually wrote this list?

What are the demands from migrants?​

In all, the migrants presented 13 demands to the city of Denver. Messages shared with FOX31 show the demands are:

1. Migrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the City instead of premade meals – rice, chicken, flour, oil, butter, tomatoes, onions, etc… Also people will not be punished for bringing in & eating outside food.
  2. Shower access will be available without time limits & can be accessed whenever – we are not in the military, we’re civilians.
  3. Medical professional visits will happen regularly & referrals/connections for specialty care will be made as needed.
  4. All will receive the same housing support that has been offered to others. They cannot kick people out in 30 days without something stable established.
  5. There needs to be a clear, just process before exiting someone for any reason – including verbal, written & final warnings.
  6. All shelter residents will receive connection to employment support, including work permit applications for those who qualify.
  7. Consultations for each person/family with a free immigration lawyer must be arranged to discuss/progress their cases, & then the City will provide on-going legal support in the form of immigration document clinics & including transportation to relevant court dates.
  8. The City will provide privacy for families/individuals within the shelter.
  9. No more verbal or physical or mental abuse will be permitted from the staff, including no sheriff sleeping inside & monitoring 24/7 – we are not criminals & won’t be treated as such.
  10. Transportation for all children to & from their schools will be provided until they finish in 3 weeks.
  11. No separating families, regardless of if family members have children or not. The camp will stay together.
  12. The City must schedule a meeting with the Mayor & those directly involved in running the Newcomer program ASAP to discuss further improvements & ways to support migrants.
  13. The City must provide all residents with a document signed by a City official in English & Spanish with all of these demands that includes a number to call to report mistreatment.

Air conditioner. 28,000 BTU in the wall Friedrich. Fantastic. It got wicked hot here, so I plugged it in. The minute electricity made connection it was running. Hmmm Odd I say. Normally I have to press the ON button for that to happen. Won't turn off (unless I unplug it from the wall). Runs constant even if I up the temp to 84. Call the store where I got it because I can't remember when it was purchased--this is my second Friedrich. Seems it's out of warranty because I purchased it in 2014. Had no idea that much time has passed. (that's the second part of my rant). Now I have to find someone to repair it. Have a friend in commercial HVAC and he said it sounds like the board.

Either it gets fixed pronto or I'll be purchasing a new one. My apartment is hot like a kiln in the summer.
Ugh. I have a window AC unit (don't know the btu) that won't shut off. It can only be shut off if you unplug it but right now i can't get to the cord to unplug it and it no longer blows cold. It just constantly runs and makes noise. It stopped briefly after a power outage but then kicked right back on after the next power outage.

Also, the "new" blower motor never shuts off unless the power is off. Even if I turn the AC off, the fan stays on. Not sure what is causing that.

Meanwhile, my friend's wife is stuck behind some red tape on dealing with her miscarriage. They want to do bloodwork to approve a procedure to remove the dead fetus but their fax machine was down and apparently we're still in the 1990s and they have no other means of transmitting data-- like e-mail-- to get the bloodwork ordered. So, after the HR department at her work in Kinder closed, they told her to take some paperwork over to HR there to get it faxed to somewhere to get the labwork prescribed and then to bring the response from Kinder to Lake Charles and see if they approve having the bloodwork and once the results are in they will decide what to do about this festering fetus that is poisoning her and could kill her if they don't get it out. You'd think they would have some other means of handling it instead of making her jump through hoops because of a fax machine issue. They need to have some sort of backup system in place because this is asinine. It's bad enough she lost the baby she desperately wanted, but now she has to go through all this on top of being very ill. At least when it happened to my mother back in the 80s they were able to get it handled right away-- once they realized that the fetus had been dead for several weeks-- so she didn't have to wait.

Ugh. I have a window AC unit (don't know the btu) that won't shut off. It can only be shut off if you unplug it but right now i can't get to the cord to unplug it and it no longer blows cold. It just constantly runs and makes noise. It stopped briefly after a power outage but then kicked right back on after the next power outage.

Also, the "new" blower motor never shuts off unless the power is off. Even if I turn the AC off, the fan stays on. Not sure what is causing that.

Meanwhile, my friend's wife is stuck behind some red tape on dealing with her miscarriage. They want to do bloodwork to approve a procedure to remove the dead fetus but their fax machine was down and apparently we're still in the 1990s and they have no other means of transmitting data-- like e-mail-- to get the bloodwork ordered. So, after the HR department at her work in Kinder closed, they told her to take some paperwork over to HR there to get it faxed to somewhere to get the labwork prescribed and then to bring the response from Kinder to Lake Charles and see if they approve having the bloodwork and once the results are in they will decide what to do about this festering fetus that is poisoning her and could kill her if they don't get it out. You'd think they would have some other means of handling it instead of making her jump through hoops because of a fax machine issue. They need to have some sort of backup system in place because this is asinine. It's bad enough she lost the baby she desperately wanted, but now she has to go through all this on top of being very ill. At least when it happened to my mother back in the 80s they were able to get it handled right away-- once they realized that the fetus had been dead for several weeks-- so she didn't have to wait.
I HATE HR. Sometimes, you need a gun to shoot something that needs it :p

Wow. They're not asking for much, are they. Hey, let's all go to South America and ask for the same thing.
I don't think THEY are asking for that. I think some lawyer or group is advocating for them. I have often wondered how many of these people can read or write, let alone, create a document like that. Schools are scrambling to accommodate all of the children. I'd also bet that most of them have never been to school before.

We were going to go to Denver on our way home but I changed our route so we can stay away from there.
We are going the northern route on I 90.
I don't want anything to do with big cities.

I don't think THEY are asking for that. I think some lawyer or group is advocating for them. I have often wondered how many of these people can read or write, let alone, create a document like that. Schools are scrambling to accommodate all of the children. I'd also bet that most of them have never been to school before.
Mexico has classes in their high schools on how to exploit OUR system.

Mexico has classes in their high schools on how to exploit OUR system.
But what is education like in Venezuela? When I was in Puerto Rico, I learned that the Department of Education had been closed. The building is on a fairly main road going out of San Juan so we drove by it several times. They have also closed many schools.

With all the problems in Venezuela, this may be true there as well. I do know someone from Venezuela who has been in the U.S. since he was a teenager and is in his 40's now. He went to college on a scholarship, so I know he has some skills. I do not see him often, but I will ask him when I see him again.

Micro-rant:
My statement for my email account:
"Statement Amount: $19.95
Payment Due Date: May 9, 2024
If you have already paid this bill or are enrolled in Auto Pay, there is nothing else you need to do today. PLEASE NOTE: The price for your Email & Perks is increasing by $2.00 on your next invoice.

I don't have any 'Perks' :(.
Isn't a $2 boost on a $20 service a 10% increase? :mad:

I was just reading an article about a restaurant owner in California saying people there need to get used to a $30 hamburger. Because many restaurants there have "extra" charges added to their bills. To pay for things like mandatory wage hikes, pricing on employee health care going up, cost of basic food products. And this restaurant owner didn't want to charge that way, so it's just on the menu item that's going up.
Your perks charge reminds me of that, Supervisor.

Wait until this crap hits the local grocery stores really good.
Our country is screwed!

Bread and circuses killed Rome. Food stamps, legal hard drugs, and Obamaphones are no different.
In my life position, I should revel in this, but I don't. I was raised right I guess. I see my country turning to $#1t all around me.

I forgot, I have a rant!
A POX on FOX News, the place is full of mindless click-bait and viruses and they're almost as anti-Trump as the rest of the libtard scumbags, RT has better news!

I forgot, I have a rant!
A POX on FOX News, the place is full of mindless click-bait and viruses and they're almost as anti-Trump as the rest of the libtard scumbags, RT has better news!
who reads that REDACTED

I'd believe RT over CNN anyway, and network news most days.
They took RT off of DirectTV (ch. 321) when Russia invaded Ukraine and replaced it with nothing :mad:.
Obviously, they had never read the phrase: "Know Thy Enemy"

Isn't RT = Russian Times? Quite literally Russian propaganda.

Weedygarden, you are correct that a good many of them do not know how to read or write and they get exploited by people pretending to be lawyers and people who make demands on their behalf without actually talking to the immigrants. My dad had to deal with shysters who would advertise as being lawyers and charge up the wazoo to help with immigration paperwork when they were not even lawyers and were not legally allowed to charge more than $15 for helping with the paperwork and that the immigrants could have gotten free assistance on the paperwork at an INS office. Not sure how things work now though since they borked everything with the Customs/Immigration merge and separating out naturalization from enforcement/deportation.

My friend's wife is still violently ill. They did get the bloodwork done but are waiting for approval to have something done and right now it looks like the earliest something can be done is Tuesday. The anti-abortion laws didn't take into consideration many factors-- such as how to deal with non-viable fetuses. Didn't take into account that removal of a dead fetus is medically classified as an abortion and thus patients and doctors have to jump through hoops to get approval to remove a dead one that does not expel on its own. The politicians didn't think about these things-- most likely bc they are completely ignorant of how biology and medicine work. In their zeal to prevent the abortion of viable fetuses, they've made it almost impossible to deal with non-viable/dead fetuses and women have been dying because of it. IIRC, the current laws require a minimum of 3 doctors to approve of a removal procedure and sometimes it requires getting permission from the government and/or politicians to do it. The longer this dead fetus festers inside of her, the more chance it can do permanent damage and prevent her from being able to have a baby in the future. It's also driving her blood pressure up, depriving her of essential nutrients to keep herself alive, and making her suffer. She's thrown up at least 10x just today. I don't think she'll make it through the weekend without having to be hospitalized. I feel awful for her and I really wish there was something I could do for her to help.

As an aside, I remember seeing a debate in another state about ectopic pregnancies and the politicians on both sides of the political aisle had no idea how things work or why an ectopic pregnancy is never viable & that the mother will die without intervention. All the politicians care about is who is padding their pockets, wining & dining them, & paying for their vacations. And they don't care that the taxpayers pay their salaries. It's only the big spenders that seem to get their attention.

As another aside, my friend's more recent ex started contacting me and saying she missed me. I was just waiting for her to ask for $ from me and it finally happened. She at least didn't get mad or butthurt when I said "No". I will say that at least she's working now and she bought her own vehicle outright and I would feel bad for her if she hadn't been so horrible to my friend. Still like her better than the first ex though. Second one at least has the excuse of being mentally ill. First one just barks. :p

Also, the new insulin is not working for Mom. Her blood sugar has been consistently over 300 since she got out of the hospital even when she hasn't eaten anything. She was told to up the dosage from 15 to 20 but it still hasn't helped. Will have to talk to the doctor on Monday. Oh, and the NP hasn't sent the necessary info on the insulin pump STILL. Even though the supply place has sent multiple requests and I've left 5 messages for her over the past week. I don't know if she's not getting the messages, if she's forgetting, or if the faxes aren't going through or what. But the local pharmacy has a hard time getting faxed info back from the doctor's office quite often. So someone is dropping the ball.

Isn't RT = Russian Times? Quite literally Russian propaganda.
It is short for Russian Television nowadays.
Of course it is Russian propaganda, exactly what we need when we want to know what they are thinking. :) :thumbs:

RT (TV network) - Wikipedia​

en.wikipedia.org › wiki › RT_(TV_netw...

RT (formerly Russia Today or Rossiya Segodnya; Russian: Россия Сегодня) is a Russian state-controlled international news television network funded by the Russian government.

As another aside, my friend's more recent ex started contacting me and saying she missed me. I was just waiting for her to ask for $ from me and it finally happened.
Can I be your bestest friend? Oh, by the way, can I have a few hundred $ bucks?

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/goto/post?id=643058

I swear by these, Fiskars Garden Tools :

View attachment 129482

I only have the Top Two Pieces and They are Yellow and Black and the Metal is Black also...!!! I can Pop out Rocks with that shovel and one side of it is serrated so I can even cut thru Tree Roots...!! and That Scraper is outta sight also...! Cuts thru Red Clay very easy... Also use a Knee Pad or maybee a small stool to sit on... ☃️

👻 👻
My wife introduced me to Fiskers a few years ago, Since then, if I'm buying something & Fiskers also makes it, I buy Fiskers. And I have never been disappointed. On the other hand last week I was pruning a low limb on a tree in my back yard. I wasn't careful enough & lightly touched my thumb with the Fiskers. I had to stop & get a band aid because of their sharpness.

Ok I'm going to let off a little steam with a rant. My step father has lived with us for 5 years. He had 2 strokes & part of his long term memory is gone & almost all of his short term memory. The short term memory that is still there is the stuff he wants or wants to do. Bad news, he forgets in 3 minutes. He used to camp so he still remembers where a camper was parked even though it hasn't been there for over 3 years. Let's just say that while I know I'm wrong & he has no control over what he remembers, I find it odd that he can remember something he wants for months & asks about it daily. The latest thing is that he want's to sleep in his bed upstairs. He's brought that up 20, 30 maybe 40 times in the last 2.5 months. Now that wouldn't be unreasonable if it wasn't for the fact that he was there when his cardiac doctor said "No Stairs" because you could have another heart attack either normally or because your heart will work so hard because your lungs aren't working well. Oh & I've explained that in DETAIL over & over & over to the point that last night I told him he could sleep upstairs IF he paid to have an elevator put in (btw he could afford it but he's too cheap). And maybe the worst part is that I know this subject isn't dead & will keep coming up FOREVER.

Over the last 5 years there have been topics like this that we have argued over for months & months because he won't drop them. The daily grind is getting to both my wife & I.

What was it, something like 3 months ago he complained about his legs being week. I checked his oxygen, bp & heart rate & it was off. I said let's go to the ER & get you checked out. Nope he wouldn't go & refused to get in the car. I called an ambulance & they took him to the ER (I have a medical power of attorney). Turned out he had a heart attack. This daily stuff just goes on & on.

Mom passed away a month ago. And I'd go through similar conversations with her. The common one was that I was supposed to buy her a farmhouse in the town I live, and she would be moving, insisted she was done with the place she lived at (nursing home), and insisted that I owned the nursing home, and that I lived down the hall from her. I asked her what she'd be doing at her new farmhouse, and she said she'd go visiting people, and she would hoe the garden. It was easier to agree with mom than argue or explain to her why she couldn't do something, so that's what I'd do. I'd say, ok...that I'm looking for her new place. Mostly she'd just wanted to think she was still making decisions in her life, and to be taken seriously, even though most of the time her ideas were not possible. Every day she'd say I'd need to take her to the bank to get some cash, even though there was nothing to buy where she lived, and the rule was no cash in their rooms. So I'd tell her we'd go tomorrow. Then that was fine. Just agree with him...mom had a 3 minute memory, too, so the subject could be changed pretty quickly.

Mom passed away a month ago. And I'd go through similar conversations with her. The common one was that I was supposed to buy her a farmhouse in the town I live, and she would be moving, insisted she was done with the place she lived at (nursing home), and insisted that I owned the nursing home, and that I lived down the hall from her. I asked her what she'd be doing at her new farmhouse, and she said she'd go visiting people, and she would hoe the garden. It was easier to agree with mom than argue or explain to her why she couldn't do something, so that's what I'd do. I'd say, ok...that I'm looking for her new place. Mostly she'd just wanted to think she was still making decisions in her life, and to be taken seriously, even though most of the time her ideas were not possible. Every day she'd say I'd need to take her to the bank to get some cash, even though there was nothing to buy where she lived, and the rule was no cash in their rooms. So I'd tell her we'd go tomorrow. Then that was fine. Just agree with him...mom had a 3 minute memory, too, so the subject could be changed pretty quickly.
Amish Heart, good advise except remember when I said he remembers the stuff he wants to. If I said yes he would be heading up those stair in a heartbeat. If not now then tonight or tomorrow. He doesn't forget the things that he want to remember.

My wife introduced me to Fiskers a few years ago, Since then, if I'm buying something & Fiskers also makes it, I buy Fiskers. And I have never been disappointed. On the other hand last week I was pruning a low limb on a tree in my back yard. I wasn't careful enough & lightly touched my thumb with the Fiskers. I had to stop & get a band aid because of their sharpness.
I have their Tree Saw and It IS Sharp :
1715460899018.png

After Looking and Comparing Me Handy Tools for Me Homestead I Surmised Me Made a "BooBoo"...!!! The small Spade and Cultivator are Not Fiskars but "Expert Gardener" :

1715461324809.png

I have those 2 pieces on the Right...!!! and this is a Rock I popped out of the Front Yard while digging out some Weeds : (007) vvv

Attachments

• May112024 007.jpg
    May112024 007.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Back