Rechargeable Batteries Questions

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breck

Super Friend
Neighbor
Hello, all! I just got off the phone with a nice rep. from BatteryJunction.com who recommended the Tennergy rechargeable batteries and Xtar smart chargers as the best bang for your buck. I understand from this thread (I believe) that the Panasonic Eneloop are the highest quality rechargeable batteries. The rep. agreed. He also said that an Eneloop has slightly less capacity than a Tennergy, which is slightly less than a high-performing Energizer, but an Eneloop can be recharged up to 2,500 times while a Tennergy can only be charged up to 1000 times. So I am thinking about the Tennergy.

Has anyone had any experience with Tennergy batteries and a reliable charger brand? If not, do you recommend a different brand?

Thank you!

I use Eneloop for AA and AAA batteries. There are Panasonic chargers designed for them available online and they aren't expensive.

What quantity of batteries are you looking at?

I am happy with my eneloops that I bought after I started this thread. Best rechargeable batteries for cold weather use

Of course, winter hasn't set in, and cold weather was more of my issue.

Let us know the outcome of what you end up with as I only purchased enough of the eneloops to test out this winter before going hog wild.

ive used oeneloop apd tenergy over the years---but i mostly have eneloops. kinda followed what was the best price. i found them both to work very well. i got some AA, AAA, 9V and those eneloop 'sleeves; you insert smaler batteries in to make a D or C. batteryjunction is a good company. tenergy nimhs are usable up tp 1200 times., eneloop say 2100 times., thats why i gravitated to them more.

i have a couple solar battery chargers and some of the chargers you plug into a usb to recharge.

I use Eneloop for AA and AAA batteries. There are Panasonic chargers designed for them available online and they aren't expensive.

What quantity of batteries are you looking at?
Thanks, I was looking at maybe 8-10 of each kind to be safe.

Latest posts

Back