Rescue dogs.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildit

Hay Seed Scientist
Neighbor
Over the years I've had four rescued dogs, three of which have been dobermans. I've been a long time fan of this breed but would encourage anyone looking for a new best friend to research their local animal rescue centers and groups.
As for dobermans they are very smart, oddly enough needy, love attention of their family and can do great with their own young kids but can be very defensive against other young kids. That may be a plus and a minus as friends may need to play in areas unaccessible by the doberman. Each can be different about what they will and won't accept but all demand a strong willed alphas or they will dominate you.
Hope this helps and if I can try to answer any questions feel free to ask.
crossed paws 7-27.jpg

Our last dog was from the pound. He's the sweetest little dude we've ever had. We adopted him b/c he needed some expensive surgeries and didn't think anyone would pay up for them, so we did. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! It was worth every penny.

For anyone wanting to find a pet, petfinder.com is a great place to look for any breed animal. The dog pounds use the site to list animals up for adoption. You can do an advanced search to find the right fit for you in your own area. I'd just caution you, it's hard to get off that website!

Latest posts

Back