Ridiculously fast Amazon shipping (and a promo)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I read a news article on some website (Fox News maybe?) that mentioned CO poisoning in hotels and AirBnB's, and pointed out that it's not a bad idea to take a battery powered CO detector with you on trips. That sounded like a good idea, and I was already in the market to buy a replacement CO detector for our house - one of ours is getting close to end-of-life.

I ordered one from Amazon at 16:50. It was on my doorstep at 18:40 ... less than two hours after I placed the order.

That is ridiculously fast shipping. I couldn't have even gotten my butt out of the chair and made it over to the local Home Depot to pick one up that fast.

Plus, the order got me a $10 credit on Amazon. They have a promo going on now. By July 13th, you need to do four things related to Amazon Prime. (1) Listen to a song on Prime, (2) Stream a show on Prime, (3) Borrow an eBook on Prime, and (4) Buy an item that qualifies for Prime shipping. Since I already have a Prime membership, I had my computer play a random song from Amazon for about 5 seconds. Then I streamed the first 15 seconds of some random TV show. I borrowed a free eBook from Prime (actually, I used Kindle Unlimited because when you're subscribed to that you can't download a Prime Free Book, they always show up as a KU download). So that was three of the four requirements completed in less than a minute. Then I bought this CO detector that was just delivered and got an immediate email saying I am now getting the $10 credit.

They call this promo "Prime Stampcard". It lasts until July 13th (which is Amazon Prime Day I think). Here's a link to it:

https://www.amazon.com/cer/stampcard/home
Note: Three of the four requirements for this promo showed up as being recorded instantly. But the "Stream a show on Prime" took a while to show up as being completed, a little over an hour IIRC. But they warn about this exact thing on the promo page.

I've seen the one off of I-76 and Pecos.
Then that's a third one that I didn't know about. The one nearest me is at I-25 and 144th(?). The one in Aurora, I don't know it's exact location. But generically it would be somewhere around 20 to 25 miles from me. I-76 and Pecos is maybe 10(?) miles from me.

No wonder things get here fast!

Then that's a third one that I didn't know about. The one nearest me is at I-25 and 144th(?). The one in Aurora, I don't know it's exact location. But generically it would be somewhere around 20 to 25 miles from me. I-76 and Pecos is maybe 10(?) miles from me.

No wonder things get here fast!
The one off of I-76 and Pecos is a very busy place. I'd bet they are all busy places. I drive by there frequently and there is a constant stream of trucks and delivery vans.

I don't live near anything, but Amazon is fast. I don't do prime, so I have to click on "continue without fast shipping"! BUT, my stuff will come in a day or two!!
They are super fast, depending upon what it is that you are purchasing. Used books can take a while, because they are not usually coming from a warehouse.

I did get a package this week that was something I had ordered so long ago, I had forgotten about it. It actually did not come from Amazon though. I ordered the radiation prevention tables since my other ones were more than 10 years old. I ordered them months ago, and they just came. I do think they said they were on back order and would not be sent immediately.

I just placed an order on Amazon. One of the shipping options was to choose one of their warehouses to go pick up, in addition to several locker locations, such as Whole Foods. I will actually see one of the warehouses as I drive by this week and could have chosen to stop and pick up, which in and of itself would have been interesting. I opted for delivery at my home.

I just ordered a USB3.0 expansion card for an old computer that only has USB2.0. Not that these things cost much to begin with, but after discounts it came to 27 cents. And Amazon has the gall to tell me it will take two days to get here! Must be coming from China to be that tardy. For 27 cents, I expect much better! Man, they're really falling down on the job. ;)

Wait till Amazon sets up distribution centers at the local Mall.
I read they are talking about doing that because of all the empty stores in malls now.
Amazon already leases parking space in mall for their fleet.
With 30% of all packages being stolen, this is not a bad idea. Every neighborhood could have an Amazon pickup place. Go in, pick up your packages, and they will not be stolen. I would think these places could pay for themselves relative to all of the duplicate packages sent out due to the thefts.

Latest posts

Back