• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Homesteading & Country Living and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rifle Sling

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
E59B86CC-DC13-42C4-9FF7-618734C11C1F.jpeg
AFCB7452-6DEA-49B9-BE10-961FD1439A94.jpeg
E8C27BC3-0093-48CF-9BF2-95A9034498A5.jpeg
A7BCDEE5-1F38-48D1-8F2C-545B1139C5E5.jpeg
63C9228D-C65A-4285-80D5-89FF08A0B54C.jpeg

The thickness is 4.3mm which equates to 11oz in leather language or 11/64”
Length is 42” with 7”adjustable
Thumb hole strap or hole is provided for walking comfort
Each sling is different from the next, as a designer I refuse to make 2 of the same. Your name is stamped and the leather is 100% tooled
I am asking $170.00 per sling and I will pay to ship

Nice work!
But truth be told I prefer USGI cotton web slings made for the M1 Garand and M14.
They are still available brand new since we made millions upon millions of them.

Although my Remington 7400 came with a nice leather sling like yours. And it looks better on that rifle than a plain old GI sling.

Very nice work, Frodo, the tooling is exquisite... you obviously take pride in your work! I've seen some nice tooling in saddlery or tack for horses in Arizona & New Mexico, and prices to match, but that's a fair price of yours for a sturdy leather sling, particularly with the rifle owner's name on it. One day we may do business together... if we do, I will certainly send the cash to you up front, for you don't strike me as a tweekin' crackerhead, lol. No tweekin' crackerhead could possibly do such exquisite leather tooling, and that's a fact. I've seen the kind of "work" that crackerheads do... 😒

Very nice work, Frodo, the tooling is exquisite... you obviously take pride in your work! I've seen some nice tooling in saddlery or tack for horses in Arizona & New Mexico, and prices to match, but that's a fair price of yours for a sturdy leather sling, particularly with the rifle owner's name on it. One day we may do business together... if we do, I will certainly send the cash to you up front, for you don't strike me as a tweekin' crackerhead, lol. No tweekin' crackerhead could possibly do such exquisite leather tooling, and that's a fact. I've seen the kind of "work" that crackerheads do... 😒
Thanks for the kind words,
Nope, not a cracker head, not a pot head
Do like to sip good Bourbon
The whole send me cash up front is kind of scary. Hell I even balk at doing that myself. Afraid of getting ripped off
But, I can not afford to buy leather, make an item, put your name on it , only for you to change y mind. I have had that happen
Also have had people send half the money. Then say that is all I got.

Yeah, I have that sense about certain folks... and in my mind, there's nothing wrong with sipping some good bourbon, a man has to have at least ONE vice, otherwise he gets too weird, lol. And I don't really smoke as much pot as I let on here, I haven't had a bong hit in a while. I was gonna take one the other day with this foot injury, but it was easier to just lie down and get my weight off it, ya know? 😒

Sending the price of that sling wouldn't bother me, particularly if I sense that a person is a fair & honest dealer. Lemme tell ya, some of the tooled leather saddles I've seen out here in Arizona & New Mexico, the ones with silver conchos & turquoise on 'em as well, they can run higher than $12K for one saddle! Now, even if I had a horse and the money to buy one of those fine saddles, I'd be leery about sending cash, lol... $170, not so much. 😉

Last edited:
Yeah, I have that sense about certain folks... and in my mind, there's nothing wrong with sipping some good bourbon, a man has to have at least ONE vice, otherwise he gets too weird, lol. And I don't really smoke as much pot as I let on here, I haven't had a bong hit in a while. I was gonna take one the other day with this foot injury, but it was easier to just lie down and get my weight off it, ya know? 😒

Sending the price of that sling wouldn't bother me, particularly if I sense that a person is a fair & honest dealer. Lemme tell ya, some of the tooled leather saddles I've seen out here in Arizona & New Mexico, the ones with silver conchos & turquoise on 'em as well, they can run higher than $12K for one saddle! Now, even if I had a horse and the money to buy one of those fine saddles, I'd be leery about sending cash, lol... $170, not so much. 😉
Man, I would love love love too make an 11k profit off of one saddle, about 4 saddles a year no need to be greedy

Yeah, I hear ya, when I first understood how much some saddles were worth, I kicked myself for not learning how to tool leather at a young age. Some of the saddles seen in Western parades and rodeo festivities are worth big bucks! I ain't jokin' either, I'm sure you can find some of the top end saddles online... of course, they require many "man hours" before the finished product can be sold, but they sure are pretty! I think that many owners of such saddles have comfortably worn old "work saddles" for everyday use, and these special rigs are kept for parades and such. When I watched my first '4th of July Parade' in Show Low, Arizona, I saw good-looking gals riding magnificent horses with these primo tooled leather saddles, all decked out in silver conchos and even some turquoise! Just beautiful... and the gals were in their Western finery, quite a sight for these old eyes, lol. I've seen some nice saddles in opening ceremonies of rodeos too, but when it comes to riding the broncs, there's usually a trusty ol' workman's rig on the horse, nothing too fancy... :rolleyes:

P.S. I'm thinking you could make some good money if you connected with the right buyers in that whole saddlery scene... it's a going concern here in the Southwest, that's for sure. One guy at work in Benson, AZ, his dad did nothing but tool leather as an occupation, and the saddles he turned out were amazing! Tooling, leather tassels or fringes, all sorts of little touches that made each saddle distinctive, ya know? One thing about "horse people"---many of 'em are loaded with cash, I've seen some really sweet "horse properties" in Arizona and here in New Mexico! I'm talking big money here too, more than I'll ever have... but my little half-acre spread is still a slice of paradise, lol. :cool:

I have purchased several items from Frodo, and I can assure you that he is the real deal, and won't rip anyone off.

I can second that. I sent cash up front, and Frodo sealed the deal, and was very fair. I received my holster within a few days. I would trust him

Latest posts

Back