Safer in active Marine life.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buster

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I had the sheriff out today to make a report on Republic Waste backing over my mail box which the driver claimed he didn't do. While talking with the sheriff he said he had a 22 year career in the Marines and he felt he is probably in more danger now as a sheriff than when he was in Iraq or wherever. I noticed he was wearing a vest under his shirt. He was one of the officers here when the man hunt happened. He was armed with a rifle at that time. He also said he loved his job being able to be out and about trying to help people.
I told him I wish I could have been in law enforcement but I couldn't as I am not that brave. I was taught if I see trouble do what I can to get away, not run towards it. I can believe his feeling being in harms way here at home. I have so much respect for LEOs.

i teach my kids to stop and thank everyone they meet who is wearing a uniform, police, firefighters, armed forces, every one (ive seen them thank private security personnel and meter maids for their service, and im good with that)

i also kill the radio and have the kids pray for any first responders we see while out driving
so, next time you see the sherriff, you can tell him that at least in raising three kids that will be on his side

Latest posts

Back