Sayings kids will never hear

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't hit girls.
That changed when the girl next door smashed a rock into my brother's face. Dad didn't know it was a girl and he told my brother to stick up for himself. My brother went over to her house and punched her in the face. That girl's mom was mad but my dad told her she had it coming and we could defend ourselves. If she acted like a boy she was treated the same as a boy and if her husband wanted to talk about it to send him over.

You can't hit girls.
That changed when the girl next door smashed a rock into my brother's face. Dad didn't know it was a girl and he told my brother to stick up for himself. My brother went over to her house and punched her in the face. That girl's mom was mad but my dad told her she had it coming and we could defend ourselves. If she acted like a boy she was treated the same as a boy and if her husband wanted to talk about it to send him over.

The rock did take it to anotther level.

Yep, when dad told us boys that we couldn't hit girls
I heard you can't hit a lady. Ladies don't give you a reason to use physical force.

A common outburst from my parents, "If you kids don't behave, we will sell you "Back" to the Indians".

My parents were born in the 1920's........I have always wondered if that was something they get from their parents who were born in the 1880's. Maybe kids did get sold to the Indians back then. For sure most were afraid of the Indians back then. I am roughly 1/8 Shelby Indian. From upstate Shelby, New York.

Heavens To Betsy & Goodnight Nurse.

Hell's Bells'

Two Cats Fighting In A Pillowcase.....

That's a doozy!
(meaning something extraordinary. Actually started from the old Duesenberg cars back in the 1920's)

Look it up.
(could have been in the dictionary, encyclopedia, phone book, Yellow Pages)

Latest posts

Back