Science trivia

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, I've never seen hydraulic forces do either. I assume it is a frost heaving formation produced by water being pushed up out of the soil and then freezing as it reaches the surface. Sort of like caulking expanding out of a caulking gun where it curls and drys into a ball shape.
Is the significant runoff in the soil around you? This might be an important about the land you are putting your house on needing drainage tiling so your foundation doesn't get destroyed by frost heaving and water intrusion.
My house is being built on a huge boulder! Also it doesn't get cold enough in southern Tennessee to do any soil/foundation damage. We don't even have a frost line. This place is the only place I've seen it.

12-20-17 Trivia. What is the sixth planet from the sun?
A. Mars
B. Neptune
C. Jupiter
D. Saturn
solar.jpg

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
D. Saturn
Saturn is the sixth planet from the sun and the second largest planet in the solar system. Saturn was the Roman name for Cronus, the lord of the Titans in Greek mythology. Saturn is the root of the English word "Saturday."
https://www.space.com/48-saturn-the-solar-systems-major-ring-bearer.html

12-21-17 trivia. Which planet is the fifth largest in our solar system?
A. Mars
B. Venus
C. Earth
D. Neptune
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
C. Earth
Our home planet Earth is the fifth largest of the eight planets and measures in at 12,756 km in diameter. This means that Earth is actually approximately 2.6 times the diameter of the smallest planet, Mercury. Another size comparison puts Earth at 3.67 times the diameter of the Moon.
http://planetfacts.org/size-of-planets-in-order/

Who was it that said " These things I do you shall do these and greater things shall you do". This man had a greater understanding or should I say a greater consciousness than by far the average person has or should I say uses.
It is said we don't create anything but we only reveal what has always been. In a way that is true and in a way that is false. True we don't do the creation but we do create. Not by works lest any man boast. Wrap your head around that one!
Think not? That's only up to your consciousness. See it as it is and it shall be. Read the article in the link below and you might want to re-evaluate what you think NOT.
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2017/12/20/sacred-agency/

You mentioned crystals. I recently bought a tantric twin Lemurian Seed crystal. These crystals are possibly millions of years old and are said to have great knowledge set in them metaphysically. I have seen these crystals costing as high as $700+ and I feel so fortunate to get one for under $50. You might think mine is a manmade fake but no it is the real thing because of the very small triangle within the crystal. Sorry man can't copy/make that inside a crystal. Check the link below to learn of what was known millions of years ago set in stone that can be used today to have greater life. Some would call it the science of life.
http://www.ask-angels.com/spiritual-guidance/lemurian-seed-crystals/

I heard once a closed mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who was it that said " These things I do you shall do these and greater things shall you do". This man had a greater understanding or should I say a greater consciousness than by far the average person has or should I say uses.
It is said we don't create anything but we only reveal what has always been. In a way that is true and in a way that is false. True we don't do the creation but we do create. Not by works lest any man boast. Wrap your head around that one!
Think not? That's only up to your consciousness. See it as it is and it shall be. Read the article in the link below and you might want to re-evaluate what you think NOT.
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2017/12/20/sacred-agency/

You mentioned crystals. I recently bought a tantric twin Lemurian Seed crystal. These crystals are possibly millions of years old and are said to have great knowledge set in them metaphysically. I have seen these crystals costing as high as $700+ and I feel so fortunate to get one for under $50. You might think mine is a manmade fake but no it is the real thing because of the very small triangle within the crystal. Sorry man can't copy/make that inside a crystal. Check the link below to learn of what was known millions of years ago set in stone that can be used today to have greater life. Peace? Yes it can be!
http://www.ask-angels.com/spiritual-guidance/lemurian-seed-crystals/

I heard once a closed mind is a terrible thing to waste.

There are asian business men who spend thousands of dollars buying rhino horns so they can get a stiffy. Reality is they could eat my toe nails and get the same effect as the horn on a rhino. So if spending time rubbing crystals that are sold by snake oil doctors makes you feel better, maybe I could recommend getting some granite which is Billions of year old so it must be better. Right?
Faith is great and can make you feel secure but misplaced faith is a death sentence to humanity, as millions of muslims have shown thru faith placed in a war lord who tells them to go die because you said bad things about their religion. Science favors truth and isn't ashamed to be proven wrong but demands repeatable results. Hope these trivia questions give you some interest in a world that doesn't depend upon what others believe.

I figured I would hear a response like yours. Enjoy your box lunches provided by the science community.
I have to lmao because people don't understand how the rhino horns cause the Asian businessmen a stiffy. I am not talking about faith but rather a life force behind everything. Science can't explain what it can't touch, feel or see so it is bull ****. Yep call it worthless faith so it can be blown off and the masses will never know how they can escape their slavery from others. What would really blow the minds of nonbelievers of a universal presence that can't be seen or felt or touched is that those in control of nations and people actually practice using the presence/higher consciousness every day. HMMM I guess they realized it isn't faith bull ****. Oh I forgot even though people don't believe in it they also use it everyday. Even you but you haven't asked the right questions to lead you to see it exits. Everyone of us are where we are at in our lives and have what we have because of the universal subjective consciousness, or whatever you want to call it, we use all the time.

I have been involved in metaphysical study, not so much religion, for over 30 years and have seen the works of it manifested. I provide a seed and some will throw it away not giving it another thought except that it is bull **** hocus pocus superstition. But there will be some that will nurture the seed, remove the weeds that come and they have better than a haphazard chance of gaining the wisdom and understanding.
Someday the science community will have finally realized what they denied is in fact a reality. Who am I kidding? They already know it but they aren't about to tell you it exists. You would then be free from their wars and suffering.

Back on the spiritual note: We have been given free will. I sometimes think it was a cruel joke God played on people by not letting them know the way. Well he did send his son but they crucified him for what he taught. To this day those that try to teach the way he taught are still being crucified/ discredited. Actually Christ taught how life works and the higher consciousness of it is the way. Call it bull **** if you want but that will not change it is what it is.

Please pick up your tin (Sn) hat on the way out. I'm not selling crap and I sure the hell aint buying that ****. But your life your choice, I don't protest you religion so I expect religions to not push the psychological mind control on my door step. See, I was a christian and saw what the brown nasty underside of the faith dealers is. So don't think I even have a seconds fear of hell or god as they are simply the imaginary deities that people of power have used for 5000 years to enforce population control and to gain themselves a health share of your money. At least when a scientist asks for funds he/she has to spend countless hours writing the proposal and thesis upon which they will base their study. ;)

12-22-17 Trivia. The General Theory of Relativity was established...
A. In 1905 before the Special Theory of Relativity
B. In 1915 after the Special Theory of Relativity
C. By Isaac Newton
D. As a way to determine if people were related to each other
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
B. In 1915 after the Special Theory of Relativity
In 1905, Albert Einstein determined that the laws of physics are the same for all non-accelerating observers, and that the speed of light in a vacuum was independent of the motion of all observers. This was the theory of special relativity. It introduced a new framework for all of physics and proposed new concepts of space and time.
Einstein then spent 10 years trying to include acceleration in the theory and published his theory of general relativity in 1915. In it, he determined that massive objects cause a distortion in space-time, which is felt as gravity.
As we have seen, matter does not simply pull on other matter across empty space, as Newton had imagined. Rather matter distorts space-time and it is this distorted space-time that in turn affects other matter. Objects (including planets, like the Earth, for instance) fly freely under their own inertia through warped space-time, following curved paths because this is the shortest possible path (or geodesic) in warped space-time.
This, in a nutshell, then, is the General Theory of Relativity, and its central premise is that the curvature of space-time is directly determined by the distribution of matter and energy contained within it. What complicates things, however, is that the distribution of matter and energy is in turn governed by the curvature of space, leading to a feedback loop and a lot of very complex mathematics. Thus, the presence of mass/energy determines the geometry of space, and the geometry of space determines the motion of mass/energy.
http://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com/topics_relativity_general.html

12-23-17 trivia. In caves you might find a structure called flowstone. What other term of flowstone known by?
A. Soft serve
B. Crab Meat
C. Bacon
D. Slurry
Baccon.jpg

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
C. Bacon
There are two common forms of flowstones, tufa and travertine. Tufa is usually formed via the precipitation of calcium carbonate, and is spongy or porous in nature. Travertine is a calcium carbonate deposit often formed in creeks or rivers; its nature is laminated, and it includes such structures as stalagmites and stalactites.
The deposits may grade into thin sheets called "draperies" or "curtains" where they descend from overhanging portions of the wall. Some draperies are translucent, and some have brown and beige layers that look much like bacon (often termed "cave bacon").
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowstone

12-24-17 Trivia. Which of the following periodic table metals has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals.
A. Silver
B. Gold
C. Iron
D. Copper
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A. Silver
Characteristics:
Silver is a soft, ductile, malleable, lustrous metal. It has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals.
Silver is stable in oxygen and water, but tarnishes when exposed to sulfur compounds in air or water to form a black sulfide layer.
http://www.chemicool.com/elements/silver.html

12-23-17 trivia. In caves you might find a structure called flowstone. What other term of flowstone known by?
A. Soft serve
B. Crab Meat
C. Bacon
D. Slurry
View attachment 3079

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
C. Bacon
There are two common forms of flowstones, tufa and travertine. Tufa is usually formed via the precipitation of calcium carbonate, and is spongy or porous in nature. Travertine is a calcium carbonate deposit often formed in creeks or rivers; its nature is laminated, and it includes such structures as stalagmites and stalactites.
The deposits may grade into thin sheets called "draperies" or "curtains" where they descend from overhanging portions of the wall. Some draperies are translucent, and some have brown and beige layers that look much like bacon (often termed "cave bacon").
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowstone

BACON!!!

12-25-17 Trivia. What day is it today?
A. Christmas
B. Trivia Science day
C. Monday
D. All the above?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
D. All the above- So Merry Christmas or whatever you wish to call it. Happy Monday, maybe the one Monday most people won't hate. And here is some cool science........>
http://my.ilstu.edu/~jrcarter/ice/diurnal/

12-28-17 Trivia. What on Earth is a sidereal day?
A. A day of science film festivals
B. A day which is shorter due to leap year time
C. A day which misses a second or two to keep atomic clocks accurate due to changes in Earths rotation.
D. The time it takes for the Earth to rotate about its axis so that the distant stars appear in the same position in the sky.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

D. The time it takes for the Earth to rotate about its axis so that the distant stars appear in the same position in the sky.

The sidereal day is the time it takes for the Earth to complete one rotation about its axis with respect to the ‘fixed’ stars. By fixed, we mean that we treat the stars as if they were attached to an imaginary celestial sphere at a very large distance from the Earth.

A measurement of the sidereal day is made by noting the time at which a particular star passes the celestial meridian (i.e. directly overhead) on two sucessive nights. On Earth, a sidereal day lasts for 23 hours 56 minutes 4.091 seconds, which is slightly shorter than the solar day measured from noon to noon.

Our usual definition of an Earth day is 24 hours, so the sidereal day is 4 minutes faster. This means that a particular star will rise 4 minutes earlier every night, and is the reason why different constellations are only visible at specific times of the year.

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/S/Sidereal+Day

12-29-17 trivia. How many minutes are in a sidereal day?
A. 1430 minutes
B. 1436 minutes
C. 1440 minutes
D. 365.25 days

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

B. 1436
A sidereal day lasts 23 hours and 56 minutes

Sidereal time is time kept with respect to the distant stars. A sidereal day lasts from when a distant star is on the meridian at a point on Earth until it is next on the meridian. A sidereal day lasts 23 hours and 56 minutes (of solar time), about 4 minutes less than a solar day.

http://www.astro.cornell.edu/academics/courses/astro201/sidereal.htm

12-30-17 trivia. The diameter of the Milky Way is about 100,000 light-years. How far are we from the center of the galaxy and Sagittarius A?
A. 100,000 miles
B. 280,000 miles
C. 28,000 light years
D. 128,000 light years

milkyway_arms.gif
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

C. 28,000 light years

the Sun is located about 28,000 light-years from the Galactic Center. You can see a drawing of the Milky Way below which shows what our Galaxy would look like "face-on" and the direction in which it would spin as viewed from that vantage point. Also shown, is the location of the Sun in the big picture view of our Galaxy.

12-31-17 Trivia.The Earth revolves around the Sun at a speed of about 18.5 miles/sec (30 km/sec). How fast is Mars going in it's orbit?
A. 15 mile per second
B. 20 miles per second
C. 25 miles per second
D. 30 miles per second
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A. 15 mile per second
Mars travels at an average speed of 53,979 miles per hour or 14.99 miles per second in its orbit around the Sun.

Latest posts

Back